Favorite Sweet Corn

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
I was curious as to what variety of Sweet Corn Yall like to plant? I still favor Hickory Cane, Silver Queen and Golden Queen and Merit. Of Course I dont plant them all together in the same garden. Anyone like Peaches and Cream?

"How Sweet it is" from Parks. It ia super sweet type and we love it. I Plant 5 pounds each year.

Peaces and Cream! yes, add me to that list of favorite types of sweet corn, we don't get it here until mid to late Aug. but when its in, we eat plenty

Alan

My Mother in law raises our sweet corn for us and she had Silver queen and Peaches and Cream last year, some of the best sweet corn we ever had.

No kidding, Funks G-90. Great big ears(for sweet) and tight husk. I also like candy corn.

Scotty

Crowderfarms":3fam5ehc said:
Scotty":3fam5ehc said:
No kidding, Funks G-90. Great big ears(for sweet) and tight husk. I also like candy corn.

Scotty
Scotty, isn't that G-90 a Bi-Color, like Peaches and Cream Corn?

I guesse. Yellow with some white. Advertised as sweet. The Candy is really my favorite. Smaller kernal, and alot sweeter.

Scotty

For a white corn we like Silver King ( no relatoin to silver queen but much better eating ) for bicolor corn we like Jackpot and Providence.

around here we plant a lot of g90 and merrit.i plant quite a bit of corn and some of the speiality corns i ve never planted.i kept my son from killing squierells around here for too long.yr before last the trees around my place looked like they all had moss in them but in fact they were full of corn silks and husks.needless to say i let my son out with the 22 mag and it didnt take long.

J.T., Country Gentleman is a shoe peg variety, a field corn type rather than a sweet corn. Very large ears. Good in soup or creamed. And it is white as you said.

Crowderfarms":ticjctso said:
I was curious as to what variety of Sweet Corn Yall like to plant? I still favor Hickory Cane, Silver Queen and Golden Queen and Merit. Of Course I dont plant them all together in the same garden. Anyone like Peaches and Cream?
I would like to find a little hickory cane seed to plant I haven"t had any in years can anybody help me out?

wildkard":34rs2226 said:
Crowderfarms":34rs2226 said:
I would like to find a little hickory cane seed to plant I haven"t had any in years can anybody help me out?
Should be easy to find. Check your local Farm Store, or Co-op, or do a web search and find a mail order seed company. If you still strike out, PM me I'll fix you up.

Whatever breed of corn someone cooks up for me. Especially when it comes with a rare steak, some fresh bread and lots of butter.

Bez!

We plant a crop of Sugary Enhanced corn every year. It's the strain between the normal sweet corn and the super sweet corn. Much sweeter than the normal sweet corn and more tender than the super sweet. We love it. I have about 4 ears a night, every night when the crop comes in. :nod:

We have tried a few different varieties and they all pretty much taste about the same. But if we have to pick one or two our favorites are "Ambrosia" and "Delectable". Both are bi-color. "Delectable" can be found on http://www.johnnyseeds.com and the "Ambrosia" can be found on http://www.parkseeds.com.

Latest posts