Favorite Pistol

Help Support CattleToday:

I have been carrying my Kimber Pro-Carry .45 compact with alloy frams and ss slide. Perfect for power, accuracy and concealability.

Oldtimer is that short nose auto like the little Colt Commander? Don't know if Colt still makes it or not. Personally I love my old Govt Model 45 Auto. Only think I can hit with. Wife thinks its overkill but I told her I didn't count on ever shooting a person but if it ever come to that I wanted him to stay down for good ....not just get pi$$ed off. :stop:

smallest and lightest .380 conceal is the Keltec P3 $260.00 fits in front pocket and load with hollow point hydroshock ammo. My best gun is the Glock 23 40 cal w/nite sights. A little more pricey but worth it. Around here police carry the keltecs for back up guns. Most carry full size weapons as duty gun; Glocks or Sigs

i have a Bersa .380 auto- basically a copy of the ppk/s james bond pistol. Its made in south america somewhere but its a very good gun. my dealer has been selling them for years. very reliable. Mine has only failed to feed once and that was when it was new/not broken in. very accurrate for such a small pistol and 3 dot sights. they are selling for around $260 now i think. got mine for $200 a couple years ago.

Best one that I found that fit like a glove in my hand was a 9MM Beretta semi-auto. Has plenty of safety features.. and knockdown power. I love it.

TexasBred":37duehla said:
Oldtimer is that short nose auto like the little Colt Commander? Don't know if Colt still makes it or not. Personally I love my old Govt Model 45 Auto. Only think I can hit with. Wife thinks its overkill but I told her I didn't count on ever shooting a person but if it ever come to that I wanted him to stay down for good ....not just get pi$$ed off. :stop:

Yeah-- somewhat...I think the commander is flatter- and I think the commander is a little lighter...The stacked clips on the Astra's make the grip wider-but also give you 10 round 45 capacity...One of the other reasons I went with the Astra over the Commander was that you carried it hammer down (double action)- so when you were carrying it in open view- and had it cocked and locked, you weren't always giving the attroneys and civilians heart attacks while they were screaming "your gun is cocked- your gun is cocked ;-) :lol2:
The ones I own are A-80 models....

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg81-e.htm

Oldtimer":3aq45dub said:
TexasBred":3aq45dub said:

Yeah-- somewhat...I think the commander is flatter- and I think the commander is a little lighter...The stacked clips on the Astra's make the grip wider-but also give you 10 round 45 capacity...One of the other reasons I went with the Astra over the Commander was that you carried it hammer down (double action)- so when you were carrying it in open view- and had it cocked and locked, you weren't always giving the attroneys and civilians heart attacks while they were screaming "your gun is cocked- your gun is cocked ;-) :lol2:
The ones I own are A-80 models....

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg81-e.htm
Reminds me of the story of a lawman walked into a place one day and he was carrying a gov. model .45 cocked and locked. Some proper lady saw his gun and asked, "Sir, isn't that gun dangerous?"
He replied, "You dam betchum it is."

Not much for concealed carry because of the size, but My JUDGE by Taurus is one he11 of a personal defense weapon. I can put all 3 buckshot in a milk jug at 10 steps most of the time. With the #6 it is pretty onery. It is still lighter and easier to carry than I thought before I bought it though.

I carry a 8 shot Tauras 22mag revolver. No hammer
It aint bout power but shot placement. :cowboy:
That's just gotta get me back to my truck

I love my .357s but they are not carry freindly, my carry piece is a Glock .40, but above and beyond all others is my Colt 1911 Gold Cup.

ROCK-N-W":1zjia3xz said:
I carry a 8 shot Tauras 22mag revolver. No hammer
It aint bout power but shot placement. :cowboy:
That's just gotta get me back to my truck

Well it's true you gotta hit what you aim at but then if you can't hit with the thing you probably don't need to be totin' it. Sort of like carrying a big knife. Someone will take it away from you and use it on you. I still prefer something that will do damage even if I am off an inch or so. That way I can "stroll" back to my truck and not run with them chasing me.

If you are looking for an auto, my choice would be an HK 40. I like my S&W 686 357 mag, nice shooting gun. Nothing beats the knock down power of my S&W 460 Mag though, and so accurate it is scary, all you need to do is point it in the general area of the target, if you don't hit what you aimed at the darn thing will scare it to death, or at least senge the hair off it! :lol2:

Scotty":38u4vkyv said:
Looking for a new pistol. One to carry for protection. Have a SM .357. Looking for more consilable with the same power.
Is this for personal defense or carrying in bear country, what kind of protection are you looking for?

Latest posts