Favorite Pistol

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
Looking for a new pistol. One to carry for protection. Have a SM .357. Looking for more consilable with the same power.

For "Concealed Carry" the wife and I both use an S&W "Ladysmith" Stainless Steel 357 Mag.

Light, small, and packs a pretty good wallop even with the 38 Special cartridges.

It only holds 5 shells so I hope I ain't involved in a shootout one day.

:roll:

What are the cops carrying concealed where you are ?

Likely .40's or 9's.

I carry a 5 shot .38.

The folks carrying .32's are either shooters or victims. :lol:

I am on a CERT team (is like SWAT). We are being trained in on 38's.

The finest carry/conceal combat pistol I found was made by Astra..I don't even know if they make them anymore as the ones I have were purchased back in the 80's...But they are metal framed-2 1/4" barrel 45 Autos- double action with a 9 shot clip (pack 10 with one in the chamber and the hammer down)...

They were conceable- 45 slug packed plenty of OOMPH- and had good capacity--as with 2 spare clips you were packing 28 rounds.......

I think Sig Sauer built some on the same line- but I'm not sure they made any with as short of barrel and frame....

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":36dkeolg said:
oscar p":36dkeolg said:
I like the S&W 38 in a revolver and I like the 380 in the automatic.
You are out of the gunfight these days with a 38 or 380. ;-)
Scotty said for protection and conceilment, he didn't say for a gunfight at the ok corral :) Any gun you carry is better than nothing

oscar p":375bh3hc said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":375bh3hc said:
oscar p":375bh3hc said:
I like the S&W 38 in a revolver and I like the 380 in the automatic.
You are out of the gunfight these days with a 38 or 380. ;-)
Scotty said for protection and conceilment, he didn't say for a gunfight at the ok corral :) Any gun you carry is better than nothing
True, but I'd like to win with the gun I carry.

A woman, standing nude, looks in the bedroom mirror and says to her husband,
"I look horrible. I feel fat and ugly. Pay me a compliment."
The husband replies, "Your eyesight's dang near perfect."

He never heard the shot.

Hmmmm ~ I wonder what she was using.........

Probably a Ruger single six with the CCI .22 shorts that are dang near silent. I used to get alot of wild dogs with those. They would get a really weird look on their face when their buddy fell down right next to them "for no reason" lol.

angie2":243b99eh said:
A woman, standing nude, looks in the bedroom mirror and says to her husband,
"I look horrible. I feel fat and ugly. Pay me a compliment."
The husband replies, "Your eyesight's dang near perfect."

He never heard the shot.

Hmmmm ~ I wonder what she was using.........

Might have been the "LOOK" that killed him? :lol:

Now if you really want concealble-- with lots of oomph--the Model 1 American Derringer in 45Colt/410 shotshell interchangeable really will do the job for you... The 410 shotshell works great if your a little shakey- or vision impaired- as that #4 410 shot will still discourage an intruder/attacker..... ;-)

http://www.amderringer.com/m1.html