• OXH Mark Domino 8020

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CL 1 Domino 5131

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
iowahawkeyes":y4kpnner said:
I watched it, did you George?
That is really cool when they are all lined up on that stage.
A Pure Gold heifer was top seller right?
I was interested in the Rambo heifer too. He looks like a good bull, be interesting to see how he turns out.

I watched, off and on. CPL and I exchanged pleasantries in the chat section, wondering where the rest of the CT gang was!

Hoffman's "Easy Deal" bull won the Polled Bull Show this year. Maui Jim won his division.

The Easy Deal bull is a really good bull, a Channing son out of a Colyer bred Pure Gold daughter. That whole flush was nothing but super cattle, all about as thick as they come.

George

JHH":7pyzjqns said:
Interesting that the 386 bull has not been mentioned.

JHH

I was thinking the same thing. I automatically started thinking how influential bulls like 053, 75901, 386, 2027, 501, 590, P265 and so on should be on the list. Then I remembered THG said "in the last 20 years". That eliminates all of those bulls but it still could have included 872X, 804, and 166.

I do have to say THG did pick a great group of bulls to choose from. One thing they all have in common is the ability to produce great daughters. That's the kind I like.

From this group I picked 767. If I was going to mass AI to a bull today 767 may still be my top choice. 767 does a lot of things right. Calving ease, growth, milk and on top of that great fertility. We're all looking for more muscle and better carcass today but no bulls perfect. I look at bulls as tools to help me get were I want to be, no one bull is going to get me there alone. Sure nothing wrong with the other bulls on the list. I've had sons and daughters of 767, 9126, 484, and 5131 and have liked them all. I've seen a lot of 8020 daughters I've liked also.

Ned Jr.":1a9t1f0i said:
JHH":1a9t1f0i said:

JHH

I was thinking the same thing. I automatically started thinking how influential bulls like 053, 75901, 386, 2027, 501, 590, P265 and so on should be on the list. Then I remembered THG said "in the last 20 years". That eliminates all of those bulls but it still could have included 872X, 804, and 166.

I do have to say THG did pick a great group of bulls to choose from. One thing they all have in common is the ability to produce great daughters. That's the kind I like.

From this group I picked 767. If I was going to mass AI to a bull today 767 may still be my top choice. 767 does a lot of things right. Calving ease, growth, milk and on top of that great fertility. We're all looking for more muscle and better carcass today but no bulls perfect. I look at bulls as tools to help me get were I want to be, no one bull is going to get me there alone. Sure nothing wrong with the other bulls on the list. I've had sons and daughters of 767, 9126, 484, and 5131 and have liked them all. I've seen a lot of 8020 daughters I've liked also.

Yes he did say last 20 years and I didnt really catch that.

While I really dont have any 767 daughters I have seen a few and thaought they were really good cows. The 9126 bull would be my pick. For the same reasons that you said. And also like you said They need some more muscle and no bull is perfect.JHH

HerefordSire":1a3o7fra said:
THG":1a3o7fra said:
From the results from this Poll, 8020 is a hot bull that many have loved in the Horned breed. I have seen some of his daughters and they are good.

THG

Tells us about 8020 daughter KCF Miss 8020 [DOD]. She has 9 calves < 100% BW, 8 with WW > 100%, and 5 > 100%. All the carcass numbers are > 100%.
Herefordsire, that cow was sold to Star Lake Cattle Ranch in the 2005 Spring Virginia Hereford Sale along with a Feltons Domino 774 heifer calf and was bred back to KCF Bennett 774 N114. The bull you bought from Star Lake, was STAR Benny 434R or somgthing like that right? His momma was a big cow and was the best cow KCF had on there place. The pair sold for $14,000.

THG

Herefords.US":u9bufpmk said:
THG":u9bufpmk said:
You go on, influence old Pure Gold and when he starts hurting your back pocket, don't come crying to me.

THG

Actually, Matt, next year I intend to linebreed to Pure Gold by breeding C Maui Jim ET to some Pure Gold daughters.

mauijim_1107_lg.jpg

Since, unlike you, I've not spent a bundle on a bull and donor cows, run a two page ad in Hereford World touting them, then had to liquidate them because I got into financial trouble, my back pocket still has a few dollars in it.

It appears about all you're left with is a flatuent mouth and a flat wallet.

George
Who said my wallet was flat? It isn't flat right now, well it may be since I did buy a home and some property here in VA. Its nice, 107 acres, and a nice 5200 sq. ft. home with 4 bedrooms and 4 1/2 bath. Myself fiance and I are very excited about it. George, all I have to say is, look out, I am on the comeback in the Hereford breed, just which, I will prove you wrong.

THG

Ned Jr.":1ln8o8ff said:
JHH":1ln8o8ff said:

JHH

053 was one of the first I thought of along with Big Northern, but the 20 years thing crossed them out. 386 slipped by on me, but you are right about him. A lot of good producing daughter from him.

You know Ned Jr., that 767G bull was fantastic, probably one of the best if not the best bull ever to be produced in my lifetime at Holdens. I was thinking about maybe when I get my group of cattle back together again, about breeding a few to him possibly, the polled cows though, not the horned females.

THG

Latest posts