Favorite handgun?

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":1eesnywa said:
JMJ Farms":1eesnywa said:
I feel even worse for someone who breaks in fencemans house. They might see him in his caveman wardrobe :hide: Ask Slick about it :lol2:

:lol2: I'm not allowed to do that anymore jj ;-)

Sorry fence. Losing our rights one by one :lol2:

I have a few that are my fav's this is my pt 111 g2 that I carry a lot
IMG_20160308_201227186_zpsxbdg5c9p.jpg

this is my fav smith mod 24 44 sp.
IMG_20150323_115709215_zpsgb97m5a0.jpg

and my most prized one is this ruger, it was my dads

IMG_20141022_222834559_HDR_zpsz1nzt97d.jpg

Coming into this topic late, I see most everyone's listed a centerfire for their favorite but, my favorite handgun has to be my Browning Buckmark 5.5 target .22lr fitted with an ultra dot red dot sight.
I bought this Buckmark while a senior in highschool almost 30 years ago. This 22 pistol has 100's of thousands of rounds through it and hasn't missed a beat-no parts ever replaced and still the original 2 magazines. When I was shooting heavy bullseye competition, I would burn through a case of 22 ammo every year. I used this Buckmark to win a handful of bullseye pistol matches at State, Regionals, and National Matches at Camp Perry. It's been my primary hunting pistol as well for coon and squirrel and carrying on the trap line.
At one time I thought I needed a high dollar Hammerli but after one season of shooting the Hammerli I went back to the buckmark. To this day the Buckmark is shot almost every week and is still running strong.

My centerfire favorite is a toss up between my Colt 1911 70 series and a little S&W hand ejector in 32 S&W.

I never have been much of a pistol fan. I can hit the barn with one if I step inside and close the door. My brother has won a ton of championships shooting handguns. I have owned a few. Had a S&W Model 29 when I worked in brown bear country. Have a H&R 9 shot 22 revolver that I packed back when I ran traps. And I have an old Colt 45 Peace Maker that has been handed down for several generations. I had a PPK 380 it was handy to carry but I never carry so I sold it.

My favorite is the P89 by Ruger in a 9. I have a P85 also. It is just easy to handle, easy to change clips, high capacity, and my accuracy is acceptable. Additionally, the gun feels right from a point and shoot perspective from any position. Not a lot of power but I don't use hand guns for hunting. I have bigger guns but the 9 would be my go to in an emergency handgun situation.

12 gauge is my home defense choice above everything else.

Good to see you're still alive Cypress. You've been gone too long.

tazzer":3jkcxqzy said:
I have a few that are my fav's this is my pt 111 g2 that I carry a lot
IMG_20160308_201227186_zpsxbdg5c9p.jpg

this is my fav smith mod 24 44 sp.
IMG_20150323_115709215_zpsgb97m5a0.jpg

and my most prized one is this ruger, it was my dads

IMG_20141022_222834559_HDR_zpsz1nzt97d.jpg

Ruger lead the parade with a return of the Single Action Revolver back in the 50s and 60s. The Single Six and the Blackhawk were the guns that made Bill Ruger a household name.

inyati13":2xiny9ni said:
Ruger lead the parade with a return of the Single Action Revolver back in the 50s and 60s. The Single Six and the Blackhawk were the guns that made Bill Ruger a household name.

Dad's old Blackhawk 357 saved him from a charging moose in the late 60's. Long barrel. It packs a punch. He put 5 holes in that moose.

1911 .45 is king. Just not American to put anything over it.
Got to admit my Glock 40 has merit. Lighter to carry and more fire power. Only problem it is shaped wrong. Until you learn how to point and aim it wants to shoot up in the air.

Always liked revolvers. Was in a gun store not even looking to buy but I picked up a .357 S&W 66 and it just felt right. How could I not have a gun that felt so good in my hand ?
Ruger LC9s is my last purchase. Not a big fan of 9mm. but that gun is easy and convenient to carry.

Have a couple of Smith .38 revolvers and .22 Colt automatic.
My most shot gun through years is a .22 High Standard Sentinel Deluxe. Not fancy but it works.
Coming in second as to most shot is .38 followed by .45.

My favorite(s)? All of the above plus some others.
The best gun for self defense? The one you have in your hand if and when you need it.

Latest posts