Favorite Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2e2e6us0 said:
Most all of this is just "bantering" among friends. :D
Now "nortexsook" is a different story. I have not seen one post by him that wasn't just plain nasty. If he has any cattle knowlege, it has not shown up yet - that I've seen.
I fully agree with you.

>>Now "nortexsook" is a different story. I have not seen one post by him that wasn't just plain nasty. If he has any cattle knowlege, it has not shown up yet - that I've seen.<<

Well, as the old saying goes "I've forgotten more about cattle and the cattle business than you know or ever will know"

Heck, just yesterday I tried to point a poster to some buelingos for sale since he was looking for some.

I will continue to call a spade a spade when I see them however. Post up some pictures of some rainbow coalition of sale barn second rates and I'll be sure to add my .02

Have a GREAT day!

nortexsook":2aj6729j said:
Well, as the old saying goes "I've forgotten more about cattle and the cattle business than you know or ever will know"

A Legend in his own Mind. Narcissus has spoken.

cfpinz

Pegram":2t1p0m3y said:
My favorite breed is Maine anjou, mostly because i'm into showing club calves, and I make more money at that, then if i were to just to sell them as feeder calves.

same here but mine is mainw and angus but they are really good for showing

cfpinz":1vsd59xd said:
nortexsook":1vsd59xd said:

A Legend in his own Mind. Narcissus has spoken.

cfpinz
too bad he hasn't turned into a flower.

nortexsook":3exfr7f4 said:

how about some pictures of your operation so that we can judge for ourselves?

Heck, just yesterday I tried to point a poster to some buelingos for sale since he was looking for some.

yep that proves it! the knowledge to do that proves you are far more knowledgable about the cattle business than anyone else here :D :D

Post up some pictures of some rainbow coalition of sale barn second rates and I'll be sure to add my .02

yep that is about what your opinion is worth .02
Have a GREAT day!

you sir have the personality of a rattlesnake and the class of a snail.
to walk in here and start ranting and raving about the faults of everyone else, while overlooking your own!

you SIR have a nice day in that world of self importance you place yourself in.

Gelbvieh. They have added a lot of performance to my herd and I think nearly every producer could benefit from using them in theirs.

nortexsook":397t4mys said:
>>Now "nortexsook" is a different story. I have not seen one post by him that wasn't just plain nasty. If he has any cattle knowlege, it has not shown up yet - that I've seen.<<

• Well, as the old saying goes "I've forgotten more about cattle and the cattle business than you know or ever will know"

I will continue to call a spade a spade when I see them however. Post up some pictures of some rainbow coalition of sale barn second rates and I'll be sure to add my .02

Have a GREAT day!
wish i had a nickel for ever time i heard that one.for you ones that forgot what good or you to the one that need to know

I can't chose between longhorn and hereford . I Like longhorn because they have lean meat . Herefords because their meat is tender and the are gentele . :cboy:

Gebvieh. reason across the board balance.Not extreme in any way, work with most cowherds. Fertility,funtionality . Lead the weigh use gelvay.

ok bak to the subject!!

hereford because they are ssoo calm. once you get them calmed down their big babies and loved to be pampered. and they're easy to halter break and have great temperment.

Well, bet y'all can't guess my fav's , but a bunch of Gelb/BA about to hit the ground ( frozen ) here soon!

Breakin all the rules being a breed chaser! :lol:

My favorite breeds are Shorthorn and Simmental.
I love shorthorns for their temperment and maternal traits. I honestly love the color of the roans. It is just not appreciated in our area where roan is thought to be from Longhorn cattle or cattle of longhorn ancestry.

Simmental to me combine great maternal traits while adding the muscle and growth of other Continetal breeds. Also, they tend to marble well compared to other Continetal breeds.

To me the shorthorn x simmental makes an excellent F1 female. In fact some of the best commercial females we ever had were such crosses. It seemed that they crossed well with most other breeds. They had heterosis but most importantly they produced excellent babies.

Pegram":16tpt2j6 said:
My favorite breed is Maine anjou, mostly because i'm into showing club calves, and I make more money at that, then if i were to just to sell them as feeder calves.

Sorry but is it just me or can a maine be almost any percentage and be registered. I just don't understand why the association allows this as the breeds characteristics are almost totally lost with the allowence of interbreeding with other breeds. just my opinion....this goes for those chi people too...I think I've only seen one pure show....If you ask me all you people are breeding are cross calves.

Yes, they are called Maintainers or something like that when they are low blood percentage.. We used to run Maine bulls here and have a few quarter to half blood females around.. You see a lot of "pure breed" Maines around but I have never seen anyone running Fullblood Maines, you know the old Red and Whites that were about the size of an Elephant. Always though they were great looking cattle if a bit too large for my tastes.. This will be the first year we have no calves out of Maine bulls... I am so looking forward to it :shock: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts