Favorite Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

nortexsook":34pstpws said:
I'm glad you have so much time on your hands that all you have to do is peruse internet bulletin boards. Sounds like you've been on the government tiddy so long you forgot what it was like to go out an do a little W-O-R-K!!!!

If you paid any attention at all, you'd know what Mr. Dun and others in that icestorm's path have probably been doing nothing but work lately.

If you're going to be a jerk, at least pay attention!

Beefmaster but I don't own a single one. We have Angus/Brangus and I love them too.
As far as this question being repititous, when I first joined I did not realize that you could search the archives. Besides, I was so excited finding this board with such knowledgable people that I just jumped in asking questions until I was politely referred to the archives. We all gotta learn.

I prefer that famous breeding of "Out of Saleyard by Truck". Crossed with an occasional "Out of Deep Canyon by Long Rope".

Breed those inexpensive cows to a black bull to get a uniform colored group of calves.

My herd is the Rainbow Coalition and it is led by a big black guy who we call Jeese Jackson.

beefmaster.

Dun, a lot of newcomers dont even realize there are archives, much less how to search for them. it takes a little while to figger things out around here. i bet a lot (or perhaps most?) new posters just jump right in and are excited to do so.

On the flip side, it would be nice if some of the new idiots would read the archives instead of making asinine remarks to some of the more respected posters on here all the time.

Beefy":3o9lcvjo said:
beefmaster.

Dun, a lot of newcomers dont even realize there are archives, much less how to search for them. it takes a little while to figger things out around here. i bet a lot (or perhaps most?) new posters just jump right in and are excited to do so.

On the flip side, it would be nice if some of the new idiots would read the archives instead of making asinine remarks to some of the more respected posters on here all the time.

well said
:clap: :clap: :clap:

who said DUN i s respected? why everyone knows he is clueless when it comes to what is going on around the forums, he has NEVER offered any good advice to anyone about anything.
guess that is why sooooooo many people was worried about him when we lost contact during the ice storm he was in.
DUN you keep up the great work do not let the newbies that are "expert" about everything even make you wince :D :D :D

Enough! I didn't post this topic to have it become an argument. I know I'm new and it proably has been posted before but you don't have to reply.

nortexsook":39vq49ui said:
>>Said nothing about a prerequisite. Just seems that if someone is interested enough to join up they'ld want to see some of what had gone on before. Just browsing isn;t a big chore and neither is using the search function. Since just adding to an old post brings it back to the front again in the long run it would be easier to see what folks think. You have the old posts and any new ones that folks wish to add all in one place.

dun<<

I'm glad you have so much time on your hands that all you have to do is peruse internet bulletin boards. Sounds like you've been on the government tiddy so long you forgot what it was like to go out an do a little W-O-R-K!!!!

Remarks like that will get you nowhere on this forum.
Mr. Dun is the most respected member here, keep making statements like that an you won,t be here long. :mad: :mad:

Funny how people are so sensitive around here. As someone stated if he/she (dun) didn't like someone asking a question he should have just moved on instead of posting some kind of sophomoric lecture. It took me less time to type: Angus-Hereford-Charolais than it did for Dun to go off on a tirade. Same goes with posting pictures. People post them and ask for opinions but if you say: "those cattle look like a bunch of sale barn turds" everybody gets all whiney. If you don't want an opinion, don't post a picture.

Have a GREAT day!!!!

Shorthornguy":34byo12a said:
:lol: :lol: Everybody knows Dun's favorite breed is Longhorns. :lol: :lol:

Espeically when crossed with Corrientes

dun

cowgirlxupx1034":1ixp9q76 said:
Enough! I didn't post this topic to have it become an argument. I know I'm new and it proably has been posted before but you don't have to reply.

Cowgirlup, I hate to say this, but you're gonna have to expect things like this happening on these boards. It's called hijacking, but don't get too sensitive about it.

My favorite breed...depends on the temperment. Both red and black angus are at tops, with different crosses making white0faces along the way...

cowgirlxupx1034":xr0q6wo5 said:

No problem whatsoever.

But if you really don't want to know what folks think, don't want them to reply, why ask? Just to see someone treading on good folks like dun?

backhoeboogie":37praaw3 said:
cowgirlxupx1034":37praaw3 said:

No problem whatsoever.

But if you really don't want to know what folks think, don't want them to reply, why ask? Just to see someone treading on good folks like dun?
but you gotta admit its like baby sitt'n some 3 year olds at times :p

Most all of this is just "bantering" among friends. :D
Now "nortexsook" is a different story. I have not seen one post by him that wasn't just plain nasty. If he has any cattle knowlege, it has not shown up yet - that I've seen.

Latest posts