Favorite Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirlxupx1034

Reaction score
Whats your favorite breed and why?

My favorite breed is the shorthorn because of its temperment, its color because it's very refreshing to see a diffrent color than black for a change at shows, and the all-around breed.

My favorite breed is Maine anjou, mostly because i'm into showing club calves, and I make more money at that, then if i were to just to sell them as feeder calves.

Angus-Hereford-Charolais in a cross breeding rotation. All three fine breeds with more strengths than weaknesses.

Murray Grey - and if you get the silver ones, they shine
in the moonlight :D

Holstein, I'm more a dairy shower than anything. I like them for their disposition and theyre not knottheads like Jerseys and good showers. As for beef, I like Simmis and Shorthorns. :D

Nothings changed. The same as when this exact question was asked a month ago

dun

As many people is on the boards it would be hard for them to find something to talk about that hasn't already been discussed. Let m play. Maybe somebody has a fresh angle.

He's not being condescending.

He is saying that his opinion hasn't changed in the last month.

Nor did it change in the month previous to that since the question had been asked, nor the month previous to that.

The question pops up about every month or so.

Sit back and watch, or search the old archives.

Badlands

gotta be beefmasters.they can take the heat.they hold their body condition on grass an hay.they are gentle an easy to handle.my beefmaster bull quit coing up for feed when we started haying.an he sure dont want feed now that its rained .an the winter grass has started growing good.

I would just expect newcomers to look back at least a month when they join

dun

Why should newcomers have to look back a month when they join? You "seasoned pros" should just ignore whatever post you think is repititious and let some of the other newcomers answer. Looking back a month is not a prerequisite of posting on here.

movin' on":1evnomgm said:
Why should newcomers have to look back a month when they join? You "seasoned pros" should just ignore whatever post you think is repititious and let some of the other newcomers answer. Looking back a month is not a prerequisite of posting on here.

Said nothing about a prerequisite. Just seems that if someone is interested enough to join up they'ld want to see some of what had gone on before. Just browsing isn;t a big chore and neither is using the search function. Since just adding to an old post brings it back to the front again in the long run it would be easier to see what folks think. You have the old posts and any new ones that folks wish to add all in one place.

dun

>>Said nothing about a prerequisite. Just seems that if someone is interested enough to join up they'ld want to see some of what had gone on before. Just browsing isn;t a big chore and neither is using the search function. Since just adding to an old post brings it back to the front again in the long run it would be easier to see what folks think. You have the old posts and any new ones that folks wish to add all in one place.

dun<<

I'm glad you have so much time on your hands that all you have to do is peruse internet bulletin boards. Sounds like you've been on the government tiddy so long you forgot what it was like to go out an do a little W-O-R-K!!!!