Favorite Blend of Fire Starter for Brush?

Help Support CattleToday:

yeah the haybale plastic wrap will get hot too. the white haylage wrap will get molten.

Crowderfarms":3iakdol7 said:
Was trying to get some ideas of everyone's favorite Brush Burning Recipes. I swear Diesel wont burn like it used to. I've got a bunch of dozer piles, packed tight, and ready to burn. Any thoughts?
what about off road or tractor fuel.they have cleaned up the #1 diesel till you can about burn it in a gas eng

ALACOWMAN":36odjlh8 said:
Crowderfarms":36odjlh8 said:
Was trying to get some ideas of everyone's favorite Brush Burning Recipes. I swear Diesel wont burn like it used to. I've got a bunch of dozer piles, packed tight, and ready to burn. Any thoughts?
what about off road or tractor fuel.they have cleaned up the #1 diesel till you can about burn it in a gas eng

If you burn 28 days after the wood is cut and piled it will burn like it has been soaked in diesel, wood starts breaking down giving off methane gas. Learned that one from the paper company they always burn 28 to 30 days after they cut and pile.

Caustic Burno":3k7vfi3y said:
ALACOWMAN":3k7vfi3y said:
Crowderfarms":3k7vfi3y said:

If you burn 28 days after the wood is cut and piled it will burn like it has been soaked in diesel, wood starts breaking down giving off methane gas. Learned that one from the paper company they always burn 28 to 30 days after they cut and pile.

Thanks Caustic, that's good to know!

hes a smart guy....but i dont have trouble with off-road diesel soak the pile real good...depending on how liberal you feel that day...and put some paper in and then let her go gets real hot i did it jsut the other day...a little used oiler through out the pile to add some extra heat in a few spots

farmer4620":3mvvt8g7 said:
hes a smart guy....but i dont have trouble with off-road diesel soak the pile real good...depending on how liberal you feel that day...and put some paper in and then let her go gets real hot i did it jsut the other day...a little used oiler through out the pile to add some extra heat in a few spots

I think the type of diesel we use is off-road - used to fill up tractors, anyway. I'm not up on my diesel classifications, sorry. :oops: Haven't ever had a problem with getting the piles to burn unless there are some really big trunks or stumps in them and not much filler and brush. Even then, if I have the time I can continue to pile small pieces while they are burning and the stumps and such things will burn down. We just knocked down a mile long row of cottonwoods last summer, so no shortage of stuff to burn!

did anybody hear about that guy who caught a rat and thought it would be a good idea to burn it so he through it in a fire in his yard and the rat ran in his house and caught his house on fire?

Beefy":1otcbjyv said:
did anybody hear about that guy who caught a rat and thought it would be a good idea to burn it so he through it in a fire in his yard and the rat ran in his house and caught his house on fire?

Yep, we call that karma.

Beefy":1mnn5x9m said:

No, I missed that one. It's amazing how many problems those 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' ideas can get one into, isn't it? :eek: :eek:

ksnewb":x894jawu said:
There was a video on msn.com about that mouse that caught that house on fire. I was hoping the video would show the mouse running into the house on fire, but unfortunately it only showed what was left of the house. Here is the address: http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=35a64 ... f=06/64&p=

Later reports discovered that it was the guy burning leaves and the leaves blowing into the house that caught it on fire. From the looks of the house burning it down was a good idea

dun

i wonder what he used? Miranda Lambert has good results with Kerosene. Deisel and a cigarette will work too.

Beefy":3f4va04y said:
i wonder what he used? Miranda Lambert has good results with Kerosene. Deisel and a cigarette will work too.
Beefy, You're right. She always sets me on Fire!! I ended up using the Diesel/Gas mixture. I mixed about 25 gallons up in my sprayer, and sprayed about a half acre's worth of tree tops that I pushed down in the Holler.I let it soak in for about 30 min. and set a few poly feed sacks on fire, and talk about a blaze! Of course it rained that night, so I have to do it over again, after I re-pack the pile.Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Especially the match. :shock:

Crowderfarms":1xy1k5ay said:
I ended up using the Diesel/Gas mixture. I mixed about 25 gallons up in my sprayer, and sprayed about a half acre's worth of tree tops that I pushed down in the Holler.I let it soak in for about 30 min. and set a few poly feed sacks on fire, and talk about a blaze! Of course it rained that night, so I have to do it over again, after I re-pack the pile.Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Especially the match. :shock:

Seems strange that some areas are allowed to burn, we'vebeen under a burn restriction for months. OK and tx probably even longer. The rain we got in august really spurred the grass on, but now that it's dried back up...........

dun

dun":18585rkr said:
Crowderfarms":18585rkr said:
I ended up using the Diesel/Gas mixture. I mixed about 25 gallons up in my sprayer, and sprayed about a half acre's worth of tree tops that I pushed down in the Holler.I let it soak in for about 30 min. and set a few poly feed sacks on fire, and talk about a blaze! Of course it rained that night, so I have to do it over again, after I re-pack the pile.Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Especially the match. :shock:

Seems strange that some areas are allowed to burn, we'vebeen under a burn restriction for months. OK and tx probably even longer. The rain we got in august really spurred the grass on, but now that it's dried back up...........

dun
Dun, We had 3.5 Inches the other day. We've been fortunate in the last few weeks to have a little Snow and some rain.Muddy here now.We've had plenty of water, hope our friends that are dry get some more soon.

We can't even grill outside due to the burn ban..........sure could some some rain

Latest posts