Farmers Puzzled by Mysterious Animal Slayings

Help Support CattleToday:

If I ever find anybody shooting at my cattle or horses they better hope I don't have a gun on me because I'm going to shoot back. If the law won't help you than you need to help yourself. I haven't heard of this around my area, but there are cattle stolen once in a while. If you have stolen cows hope there isn't an Arrow H brand on them or you have some 'plaining to do. I'm not a "big shot" but I'm not going to put up with this crap. Last year opening day of slug season, a bunch of does and one big buck run onto my place and head down to the big pond. A minute later there is a pick up in the neighbors harvested field driving the fence line real slow, at the end of the fence it turns around and the driver gets out, walks up to my fence, and has binocs, looking at the deer. I walk out and when he sees me he gets in his truck and drives up. He wants to know if he can go out there and take a shot at the buck, I tell him no because I'd been trying to get that deer all archery season. He gets mad and drives onto the other neighbors east of my place, does the same thing. I watched him the whole time, but he didn't shoot onto my place. A lock keeps and honest man honest.

Latest posts