farm wish list

Help Support CattleToday:

I wish for enough baling wire and duct tape to KEEP IT ALL TOGETHER!!!

1-better head gates
2-new 5 strand fences all the way around
3-lower-headed cattle
4-pasture closer to home, or home closer to the pasture!

"faster horses, older whiskey younger cows and MORE MONEY" :lol:

wish wish wish

1. New tractor- MF 5400 w/ a 900 Series loader
2. no-till drill
3. a hydraulic squeeze chute and a better corral all together
4. finishing mower
5. new miller welder

6. I'd trade 1-5 to to see my Gpas face as I unloaded a Bayard Fullblood Charolais Bull for him. Well maybe not #1...

dun":1gsu1i2y said:
marksmu":1gsu1i2y said:
I have the SO4 model which has the 91 automatic, and mine hangs up if they dont really slam into hard. I usually am not working them by myself, so I have someone just use it manually.

If I had to use it in auto by myself, I would set it so that when the cattle left the squeeze they would still be in the pens in case it did not catch.
Set it so that the pin is just barely in the hole, takes hardly anything to trip it then. For the ones that just walk in and stick their heads through and stop I just reach up and flick the handle so that it trips.
That is the way I do mine. We miss more using it manually than it does set in automatic mode. Actually don't remember it missing a cow in auto mode maybe a calf but I thought I had it set too wide. Sometimes some of our cows just walk in there and don't hit it at all to trip it so I end up doing that.

tom4018":yp585n68 said:
We miss more using it manually than it does set in automatic mode. Actually don't remember it missing a cow in auto mode
Yup

Carefull what you wish for Chuckie; you will probably make more money for 1 hour on Jerry Springer than you can in year farming.

Chris B,
You are probably right. When I say I am from Tennessee, I can say things like, "He ain't doin' nuttin' 'bout de hay, an dat ain't rite! I dun tole him dat I wuz gonna get my first cuzin, hez my brother n law, to put sardines in de muffler on de tractor. Dat will show 'em." Then I can start swinging.
Chuckie

Latest posts