farm wish list

Help Support CattleToday:

wish list:
a. capital and more capital
b. pole barn for my bred cows
c. machinery such as 80hp tractor with front loader and back hoe
d. mower, rake, bailer.

with five kids, that change a lot of my priorities. bill and bills.

LazyARanch":1qi7f4i2 said:
I'm content with what we have and I always feel like I'm inviting disaster if I get too greedy with my "wishes"! LOL

BUT.... as long as we're gonna dream, here I go! (and disaster, you are NOT Invited!)

1. Aluminum stock trailer, at least a 7x20 (doesn't have to be new, just well built!)

2. A GOOD sturdy chute system and headgate/palpation unit that we wouldn't have to share with my brother-in-law

3. That my brother in law lived many miles away and didn't own any communication devices or ever come home to visit! :lol:

4. A magic genie that would fix fences and anything else that needs it without being asked or told

5. A money tree in our backyard (HA! now I'm really dreaming!)

6. Cows that always settled the first 2 weeks the bulls were turned in, and calved exactly on their due date with no assistance or drama! (we DO have a few of those!)

7. No big crashes/lows or dips in the cattle prices!

8. A brand new semi truck for my husband that would get phenomenal fuel mileage!
(especially with the fuel prices over $3 a gallon again!)

9. Customers who always pay their bills on time and in full

10. Last but not least, I wish you all "just enough" of whatever you need in your lives, whether it be good health, a cure for what ails you or a loved one, a happy and solid relationship with your partner, and blessings that you all recognize, appreciate, and thank the Lord above for each of them! :tiphat:

Number 10 is the best of all. Thanks and take care.

Land...LAND...more Land , right around skullbone TN.

750 ac. 200 wooded, 300 pasture, 200 hay, and another life time to fill it up with cows.....all the rest of the things listed above are nothing

Since we're dreaming, how about a real post driver to replace these #@*%& Shavers that I've got. I'll be glad when scrap metal comes back up.

alftn":18brq3aw said:
Land...LAND...more Land , right around skullbone TN.
750 ac. 200 wooded, 300 pasture, 200 hay, and another life time to fill it up with cows.....all the rest of the things listed above are nothing
is that near tncattleman467 place?????.... no wait thats bonehead tn....... sorry :cowboy:

Zero turn mower definantly..and one of those nice automatic squeeze chutes made by preifert..:)
the man I live with though says it will be a cold day in hell before he spends that money on a "damn chute" and best I can hope for is one of those "blue" headgates..

Cant he just be happy I dont want to spend $3900 on shoes or clothes???? :lol:

Funny thing is I have been at it long enough to have everything I need-- now I just wish I could make enough money off it all to replace it all as it wears out.

spinandslide":3c4mto66 said:
Zero turn mower definantly..and one of those nice automatic squeeze chutes made by preifert..:)
the man I live with though says it will be a cold day in be nice before he spends that money on a "be nice chute" and best I can hope for is one of those "blue" headgates..

Cant he just be happy I dont want to spend $3900 on shoes or clothes???? :lol:

Stick with the headgate. It will keep you alert and active. ;-)

them pretty blue headgates arnt cheap either.SSi dont think your hubby would like working your brangus the cowboy way lolol.oh an TB i talked to a guy thats 45mi from you bro.

bigbull338":2slcizu9 said:
them pretty blue headgates arnt cheap either.SSi dont think your hubby would like working your brangus the cowboy way lolol.oh an TB i talked to a guy thats 45mi from you bro.

Really? Probably just another "Old BS'er". ;-)

yeah he runs reg beefmasters in limestone county.trying to get some cattle bought.but i know he wont haul this far.so im trying to con a running buddy into going with me to pickup a load of cows.

I bought the blue head gate by preifert and use it on wood post for a couple of years...Then 10 of the gray panels and in 2 years later , I bought the 90 sweep, and the things that keep the alley from spreding..It took 5 or 6 years to get it all but It is really a safe , and easy to work cows by one self....

The self catching mode on the head gate is a little ticky but it works...

Latest posts