Farm subisidies

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm still wondering what "Lincoln freeing the slaves" had to do with anything. It's like backhoe said, after I read that, I disregarded and jumped to the next thread. But now I'm wondering just what in the hades that was all about...

I still haven't read the rest of the post...when I see that kind of nonsense I can't bring myself to do it. So, maybe it's my bad for not reading it before I ask this question...but I'd still like to know...

Alice

Hippie Rancher -- check your inbox.

Alice, if you would, take another look at what BAGTIC said about Lincoln, and see if my take on it makes any sense... It may, or may not.. :oops:

BAGTIC":3w4x8xt4 said:
"we farmers have to produce cheap mass quanties of food to feed this nation an the world."

Not exactly. Lincoln freed the slaves. It is a choice.

My take is that he's simply saying "Lincoln freed the slaves" to point out that farmers aren't being forced into producing mass quantities of food.. Had I wanted to make the point he made, I might have said "Not exactly. Nobody's got a gun to our heads. It is a choice."

I'm not trying to defend his statement, as I personally think it was in poor taste -- however! -- I don't think it was explicitly meant to bring slavery, the use thereof, who abolished it and why, etc., into the debate about cheaply produced, mass quantities of food.

I could be wrong, though.. :oops: :eek:

cmjust0":201z1gdp said:
Hippie Rancher -- check your inbox.

Alice, if you would, take another look at what BAGTIC said about Lincoln, and see if my take on it makes any sense... It may, or may not.. :oops:

BAGTIC":201z1gdp said:
"we farmers have to produce cheap mass quanties of food to feed this nation an the world."

Not exactly. Lincoln freed the slaves. It is a choice.

My take is that he's simply saying "Lincoln freed the slaves" to point out that farmers aren't being forced into producing mass quantities of food.. Had I wanted to make the point he made, I might have said "Not exactly. Nobody's got a gun to our heads. It is a choice."

I'm not trying to defend his statement, as I personally think it was in poor taste -- however! -- I don't think it was explicitly meant to bring slavery, the use thereof, who abolished it and why, etc., into the debate about cheaply produced, mass quantities of food.

I could be wrong, though.. :oops: :eek:

Yeah, I can see that...and yeah, it was in poor taste.

Thanks,

Alice

Latest posts