Farm bill

Help Support CattleToday:

Love hammer, you forgot to take into account the banks like chase, they pay to provide the card and services, then you have all those government employees to watch over, or not, all the people receiving. And they must have 3 or 4 layers of bosses over them.

fitz":3qyo2e2c said:
cross_7":3qyo2e2c said:
I want them to go back to the old food stamps
I don't them to be able pass it off as a debit card
I want them to have to pull out the funny money for the world to see, I want there to be some shame in taking a hand out when you're capable of providing for yourself

I know it's hard to comprehend but there are people who get up every day, go to work at a 40 hour+ a week job and still have to rely on food stamps. That's what the current minimum wage gets us. You either pay them now or pay them later. As it is, the Walmarts, fast foods etc. won't pay them anything, so I as a taxpayer have to foot the bill. The Waltons laugh all the way to the bank.

fitz

fitz raising minimum wage doesn't fix anything or change their lot in life.
You raise wages those cost are passed to the consumer bringing everything back to equal.
That is social engineering it doesn't work.
You have to create value in yourself through education, a true education not the given degrees of today.
We are all tools in the toolbox you have to be the tool wanted and searched out by management.
This requires drive not complacency to be dependent on someone else. Humans are naturally lazy after basic needs are met and will seek the path of least resistance.

Caustic Burno":2viaccx7 said:
fitz":2viaccx7 said:
cross_7":2viaccx7 said:
I want them to have to pull out the funny money for the world to see, I want there to be some shame in taking a hand out when you're capable of providing for yourself

I know it's hard to comprehend but there are people who get up every day, go to work at a 40 hour+ a week job and still have to rely on food stamps. That's what the current minimum wage gets us. You either pay them now or pay them later. As it is, the Walmarts, fast foods etc. won't pay them anything, so I as a taxpayer have to foot the bill. The Waltons laugh all the way to the bank.

fitz

fitz raising minimum wage doesn't fix anything or change their lot in life.
You raise wages those cost are passed to the consumer bringing everything back to equal.
That is social engineering it doesn't work.
You have to create value in yourself through education, a true education not the given degrees of today.
We are all tools in the toolbox you have to be the tool wanted and searched out by management.
This requires drive not complacency to be dependent on someone else. Humans are naturally lazy after basic needs are met and will seek the path of least resistance.

You're preaching to the choir on that one. I went thru a five year apprenticeship program and many, many additional classes over the years after that just to keep up with industry changes. Retired after chasing that rainbow for 35+ years.
I'm just just saying if corporate America would pay people willing to work I as a taxpayer wouldn't have to subsidize as much. Hire them and train them to do the job required.
That employee should be considered an investment. If people that say they want to work aren't interested in opportunities such as that then they shouldn't be eligible for squat from the Govt.

fitz

Fitz you and I agree on that.
And you can never stop learning even after retirement.
I was called last week by a consulting firm in the petrochemical industry and offered a very good job.
I turned it down, I am satisfied in retirement.
Still keep up with contacts and the technology might have to go back some day none of us knows what tomorrow holds.

So what's the deal with O'Reilly supporting an increase in the minimum wage? I kept checking the station on my radio last night cause this guy claiming to be Bill O'Reilly was in full throated support of raising the minimum wage. No mistake it was Fox and it was O'Reilly. What the heck@!

Dega Moo":1j7660ip said:
So what's the deal with O'Reilly supporting an increase in the minimum wage? I kept checking the station on my radio last night cause this guy claiming to be Bill O'Reilly was in full throated support of raising the minimum wage. No mistake it was Fox and it was O'Reilly. What the heck@!

I seen it with my own eyes. He did rail for raising it.
As been discussed that won't fix anything.
A huge problem has been the educational system of today and government policies.

fitz had it right as when I was in school you were training student's to go into the crafts for supporting the family.
We have tried to move the entire herd into the college path downgrading the entire system.
We graduate people everyday with a degree that can't put a cohesive sentence together.
The manufacturing base has been destroyed that provided good paying jobs with benefits while making the country weaker.
Pray to God we never have to turn up the manufacturing in this country again like in WWII.

As goes the middle class, so goes our Country.
Yeah CB, I think about it often when reading some of your posts. I worked on a few refineries during my time.

fitz

My girlfriend is working on her PhD in this exact subject, food stamp security, poverty in USA etc, so I hear about this stuff a lot. Most food stamp recipients are not frauds, or lazy. Most have jobs, and are single, white mothers with kids.

Heck, I even was on food stamps earlier on in life, I got laid off from a great job due to some state regulations being lifted, and the company I worked for took advantage of the new rules to hire immigrant labor at 1/3rd of my salary. I had a helluva time finding a full time job, took part time work and needed those food stamps to survive.

the portrait of lazy, over fed, non working black people with 3 kids, is just plain wrong. Sadly, it is usually the one that MSM picks to portray.

well who you observe on support programs depends on where you are standing when doing the observing.....

fact is that the true unemployment rate is about 38% not the 6 or 7 reproted in popular press.....

fact is the current governmetn likes it that way as they think this is their voting base....

fact is that most politicians care more about getting relected and maintianing their station and perks than they care about the country.

http://www.indiana.edu/~h105swrd/readin ... g1799.html

"To all the Republicans, Farmers, Mechanics, and Laborers in America in America. Your candid attention is requested to the sentiments of a Laborer.

Learning and knowledge is essential to the preservation of liberty; and unless we have more of it among us, we cannot support our liberties long...

Men are born and grow up in this world with a vast variety of capacities, strengths, and abilities both of body and mind, and have strongly implanted in them numerous passions and lusts continually urging them to acts of fraud, violence, and injustice towards each other. Although they have implanted in them a sense of right and wrong (so that if they would always follow the dictates of their consciences and do as they would be done by, they would need no other law or government), yet as they are sentenced by the just decrees of heaven to hard labor for a living in this world, and have so strongly implanted in them a desire of self-support, self-defense, self-love, self-conceit, and self-aggrandizement that it engrosses all their care and attention -- so that they can see nothing beyond self. For self (as once described by a divine) is like an object placed before the eye that hinders the sight of every thing beyond.

This selfishness may be discerned in every person, let their conditions in life be what they will; and it operates so powerfully as to disqualify them from judging right in their own cause. There is no station in this life that a man can be raised to that clears him from this selfishness. On the contrary, it is a solemn truth that the higher a person is raised in stations of honor, power, and trust[,] the greater are his temptations to do wrong and gratify those selfish principles. Give a man honor and he wants more. Give a man power and he wants more. Give him money and he wants more. In short, he is never easy: but the more he has[,] the more he wants....

From these natural dispositions of mankind arise not only the advantages but the absolute necessity of civil government. Without it, mankind would be continually at war on their own species, stealing and robbing, fighting with, and killing one another. This all nations on earth have been convinced of and have established it in some form or other; and their sole aim in doing it is their safety and happiness. But for want of wisdom or some plan to curb the ambition and govern those to whom they gave power, they have often been brought to suffer as much under their government as they would without any; and it still remains uncertain whether such a plan can be found or not....
The most comprehensive description of Man I ever saw was by a writer as followeth--Viz--Man is a being made up of self love seeking his own happiness to the misery of all around him, who would damn a world to save himself from temporal or other punishments and he who denies this to be his real character is ignorant of himself, or is more than a man."
William Manning

Dega Moo":3ekg1o8q said:
http://cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/hr2642LucasLtr.pdf
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/01/28/the-950-billion-farm-bill-in-one-chart/

According to the Washington Post site, the 10 year sum of the current spend on existing law is around $980,000,000,000 compared to the new laws $756,000,000,000 spend over 10 years.

The CBO may be good reading for those having difficulties getting to sleep at night.
And if you enjoy reading fiction. :nod:

pdfangus":3ffae6k2 said:
well who you observe on support programs depends on where you are standing when doing the observing.....

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
The majority I see are white, and many of them use the EBT card in the ATM and then take the cash and buy their cigs. I have seen it with my own eyes. I, personally, know 3 people on 'stamps', 2 of them have said flat out "why should I get a job when I can get money for free and do what I want"? "I don't feel like getting a job, screw that s%it". The 3rd one does have a job, her husband works odd jobs, they have 3 kids and they are on the WIC program<-----I have no problem with my taxes helping them.....they are trying.

fact is that the true unemployment rate is about 38% not the 6 or 7 reproted in popular press.....

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

fact is the current governmetn likes it that way as they think this is their voting base....

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

fact is that most politicians care more about getting relected and maintianing their station and perks than they care about the country.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Katherine

pdfangus":1l6htfbm said:

Had a white woman in front of me at Walmart a while back using her Lone Star card.
She had a diamond on her finger that could't have cost less than 5K, dressed to the 9's.
When I went outside she was loading her stuff in a new Chevy or Buick.
I often wondered what kind of smoke screen she used to get that card.

easy....no documented income or low documented income.....

it is not that they don't have money.....they just don't have documented money.....black white or purple...

cross_7":2saqdudi said:

+1

A young man I know mentioned last week he's getting much more money for food than his small family can use - over $500 a month. Such money helps him eat more and get fat, all benefitting the farmer.

Yesterday he told everyone at work how he spent $800 on a new TV and sound system.

I kept my mouth shut.

Of course, while we complain about types like him, the biggest ripoff is the bureaucrats that adminsister such programs. Surely some are making six figures, with full benefits and big retirement programs. Would be cheaper to fire them and put them on food stamps. Along with most of federal government employees, who serve no purpose.

You can be employed and be ripping off the system bigtime.

djinwa":39ybftw5 said:
A young man I know mentioned last week he's getting much more money for food than his small family can use - over $500 a month. Such money helps him eat more and get fat, all benefitting the farmer.

Yesterday he told everyone at work how he spent $800 on a new TV and sound system.

I kept my mouth shut.

Of course, while we complain about types like him, the biggest ripoff is the bureaucrats that adminsister such programs. Surely some are making six figures, with full benefits and big retirement programs. Would be cheaper to fire them and put them on food stamps. Along with most of federal government employees, who serve no purpose.

You can be employed and be ripping off the system bigtime.

at last someone else has discoverd the true fraud in the system.....more money goes into administering the system than goes thru the system....

Latest posts