Fall mountain pics

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
I went on a little one-day holiday to the mountains this past weekend and thought I'd share some photos I took.

IMG_5678.jpg

Herefords taking a drink

IMG_5684.jpg

Coming to the mountain range

IMG_5730.jpg

View from Kananaskis village

IMG_5755.jpg

View from the look out point, pointing south-east

IMG_5770.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

Not sure what mountain, but definitely pretty this time of year (latter one's a favorite)

IMG_5781.jpg

More towards the east from the look-out point, after walking up the trail a little

IMG_5793.jpg

Interesting rock formation

IMG_5866.jpg

IMG_5883.jpg

Photos from on the way back

It's been a while since I was last in the Rockies, so it was really nice to pay another visit again. :)

Beautiful country there. Although it looks like wont be long before someone is cutting ice for them herefords.

Thanks. :) Yeah I surprised myself with the Hereford picture. We were traveling along the highway going at highway speed and somehow, with the right camera setting and with perfect timing, I got a great picture. I'm still tickled about that one.

GREAT SHOTS KARIN !!!!

Thanks for sharing them with us.. :D

Ala ,you can feel HIS presence when you are in our beautiful Rockies, it truly is breathtaking to see them in person .. You should add that to your bucket list if you have one . :tiphat:

Thanks HD. :D I would love to go the Rockies during the spring flush, summer flowering or when the fall colours are in their full display. Now THAT would be breathtaking.

So excited to see your photos....we're Australians but stayed at Kananaskis last year. I went horseriding from the Boundary Ranch up into the mountains. One of the highlights of my life! The young fellow who led the ride was from outback Australia also.
Love the pic with the baldy cows.

We went riding in the mountains too, but that was in Jasper National Park and for only a couple of hours, not a day trip (which I would love to do, btw). Of course that was like 5 or 6 years ago.

Naturally I never tire of going to or being in the mountains. I would live there if I had the choice or the chance. :D

jilleroo":3h7bisaj said:
So excited to see your photos....we're Australians but stayed at Kananaskis last year. I went horseriding from the Boundary Ranch up into the mountains. One of the highlights of my life! The young fellow who led the ride was from outback Australia also.
Love the pic with the baldy cows.

I have always wanted to do that, unfortunately I am married to a man that refuses to ride horses anymore and the folks that want to do that stuff, my parents ,are in their mid 70's and I would never ever let them . Maybe one day before I am too old as well I will get to ride through those mountains .

Latest posts