Explain this to me?

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't like any of them.. the steel one should have a removable top so that it's got more than one job on the farm.. If I hot-shotted routinely maybe I could justify dedicating a trailer to it.

SteppedInIt":2lh4cs0i said:
talltimber":2lh4cs0i said:
If I am picturing your description correctly, I've never seen one like that. I can't ever remember seeing a stock trailer or steel horse trailer with a rolled edge/pan? Angle iron corner, sides welded to it, plank ends/side (depending on orientation) on the angle, which is welded to cross members. That's basically the set up of all I've seen. What brand has the pan like that db? I'd like to see it.
dieselbeef":2lh4cs0i said:
i think it was a cicle w ...there might be a frame under it but the sides roll under...traps everything
I thought the rolled bottom was normal for steel trailers anyway. I don't recall ever seeing angle welded to the side for the bottom edge. My CM is rolled from the fender down the side and up under the deck boards. And yes it catches everything and its critical to wash out. If I remember right, that's how they were when we built trailers in high school. Looking at the GN in the original post, the bottom looks rolled on it.

I think the rolled btm sides is normal. its like a mobile home or travel trlr. without the top frame itll sag in half. the problem with that is that once that rusts out repairing it is a major undertaking. ..I will not ever own another like that and to be honest I don't think any of them aren't built that way now...
as I said my pacesetter isn't..so ill likely keep it forever. at least its repairable

Latest posts