Every day Carry

Help Support CattleToday:

My wallet, a pocket knife, and a handkerchief to blow my nose with. When I am working where snakes can be expected I pack a H&R 22 revolver.

Dogs and Cows":1e8wftip said:
Just curious what everyone carries with them daily. I am looking at Glock 19, Sig 320, and a few others. Any comments/suggestions...

Tim

Around the farm Ruger 357.
Compact 1911 45 acp or Colt pony in 380.

Glock 19 would be hard to beat for weight,size and firepower.
Glock and I don't gee and haw well.
Recently coon fingered a Ruger Security 9 at the gun shop. It's a Glock knock off had one the best triggersI have felt.

Around the house I've only been carrying my NAA 22 mag. It's a 5 shot mini revolver and I have it loaded with 2 snake shot and 3 Hornady self-defense rounds. When I head to town I add a 380 Ruger LCP, and when I go to the city I add a Glock 19 or a Glock 23 to the mess. If I was to only carry one pistol all the time it would be a Glock 19. Even though it's a compact midsized pistol it's still heavy and big.
I sure wish CCI would make snake shot in .380.

NAA 22 mag in my pocket at all times, Kimber Compact 1911 in my truck, every truck, tractor, and side x side has something in it.

Dogs and Cows":39ygpi4y said:
callmefence":39ygpi4y said:
None of your business

OK then...

Kinda joking Tim. Although I do consider it bad policy to tell the where and what of self defense. Sorry if I came across rude. Gotta start using those emojis again.
Grit I have trappers in just about every make. You just can't beat a case.

Dogs and Cows":zugpbykf said:
callmefence":zugpbykf said:
Dogs and Cows":zugpbykf said:
OK then...

Kinda joking Tim. Although I do consider it bad policy to tell the where and what of self defense. Sorry if I came across rude. Gotta start using those emojis again.
Grit I have trappers in just about every make. You just can't beat a case.

I figured fence...I wasn't meaning anything by it...just trying to get some info from actual people and not salesmen.

Hey at least we all know how many bangs before grit runs dry. That's gotta be good to know. ;-) :hide:

Dogs and Cows":2ws6wbvt said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2ws6wbvt said:
I carry a sunny disposition with me everywhere I go.

This I can believe! HAHAHA

On a serious note, has your life been threatened? Are you fearful of someone or something? Do you travel to dangerous places at odd hours of the night? Are you being stalked?

I'm all for the right to keep and bear arms I've just never felt the need to tote one around with me.

If I carried, it would be my full size Wilson Combat 1911, 45 ACP because if I feel threatened, I am going "offensive" and I am going to shoot the whole dam place up. Lol

If I expect snakes, I will be armed with my pillstrom tongs:
1zdwzzo.jpg

Made in Arkansas and invented by Lawrence Pillstrom:
29pyh3o.jpg

Bright Raven":fvceb5ss said:
If I carried, it would be my full size Wilson Combat 1911, 45 ACP because if I feel threatened, I am going "offensive" and I am going to shoot the whole dam place up. Lol

1zdwzzo.jpg

29pyh3o.jpg

Those are absolutely worthless when working fence. Kinda like that Ruger 10-22 on the Mule 200 yards down the fence and you're straddling a big rattlesnake.

Caustic Burno":2pixoukj said:
Bright Raven":2pixoukj said:

1zdwzzo.jpg

29pyh3o.jpg

Those are absolutely worthless when working fence. Kinda like that Ruger 10-22 on the Mule 200 yards down the fence and you're straddling a big rattlesnake.

I can appreciate that. When you are in the act of finding snakes, like copperheads or rattlesnakes, you don't get caught off guard. But when they are the farthest thing from your mind, they are right under your feet or looking at you eye to eye only inches from your face.

Bright Raven":1fkyho2l said:

1zdwzzo.jpg

29pyh3o.jpg

A Wilson Combat EDC would make a nice addition to your collection. ;-)

TennesseeTuxedo":3ubsnq8y said:
Dogs and Cows":3ubsnq8y said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3ubsnq8y said:
I carry a sunny disposition with me everywhere I go.

On a serious note, has your life been threatened? Are you fearful of someone or something? Do you travel to dangerous places at odd hours of the night? Are you being stalked?

I'm all for the right to keep and bear arms I've just never felt the need to tote one around with me.

We all don't live a sheltered life, live in a gated community and have a bodyguard. I'd rather have one and not need one, than need one and not have one. Some folks plan on cutting and running, and some folks plan to stand their ground.
https://www.areavibes.com/nashville-tn/crime/ As long as it's someone else you'll be alright.

True Grit Farms":3rajuvja said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3rajuvja said:
Dogs and Cows":3rajuvja said:

We all don't live a sheltered life, live in a gated community and have a bodyguard. I'd rather have one and not need one, than need one and not have one. Some folks plan on cutting and running, and some folks plan to stand their ground.
https://www.areavibes.com/nashville-tn/crime/ As long as it's someone else you'll be alright.

You're precious Vince, don't you ever go losing that paranoid edge ya hear?

Latest posts