Ever seen one this big

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
Pond caught ...I mean
bigfishmeasuredjpg7x5.jpg

edit for spelling

Jogeephus":24z3w8su said:
I call that a SLAB! Nice fish. What did you catch it on?

I didn't. Just so happened it was a farm pond not 100 yards from our house in one of our heifer pastures

I'm not sure what he used. There isn't much fishing going on there .... much to my past away Grandmothers dismay.

i actually have seen three or so speckled perch a little bigger than that. I caught one in a little remote hole out in the cow pasture on-get this-a piece of hotdog! nobody ever went fishing there either. i put that one in the pond and since have caught two more about the same size.

That's a niceun. I haven't caught many even close to that size. Crappie are fun to catch, and they sure make for a good fish fry.

I believe I'd find myself around that pond a bit more often. Especially two or three days after I tossed some holey cans of dogfood in a corner of the pond to kinda chum things up a bit. Not many fish eat better than specks.

in the past, when it used to rain here, i have found specks floppin around out in the pasture.

I've only seen one bigger, one of my friends caught it in the pond behind our barn. We thought all the Crappie had died years ago. We where fishing to catch perch for our trotlines when he caught a monster Crappie that was 18 5/8 inches long. We didnt have a scale. He caught it on a white road runner with a grub on it. After that we forgot all about perch and caught a few more big ones in the 14 to 15 inch range. It was quite a surprise to say the least.

nice fight ina fish that size. thats abeaut! keep that hole to yerself...some of these folks will remember a post i made about that once. its yer fish..keep the hole to yerself

Latest posts