Evens Farm Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty

Reaction score
I will keep my book for a few days if you would like to know some prices, if you have a catalog. Lot 1 AAA-13831483 sold $87,500 half possesion and option to double down. They did. Went to Werner Angus.

Scotty

I agree on the bulls. I talked to Aaron and they may have thier own bull sale next year seperate from the cows. I too think they went way cheaper than they should have.

Scotty

I was disappointed when they quit selling the 5-6 month old heifer calves seperate. One went for $800 and I held off waiting for some of the others. They wised up and kept them with the cows from then on as 3-in-1s and were getting $3k for the package.

oh well

super nice facility and I loved the free DUBLIN Dr. Peppers!!

Scotty":3i2oqw4t said:
I agree on the bulls. I talked to Aaron and they may have thier own bull sale next year seperate from the cows. I too think they went way cheaper than they should have.

Scotty

It's tough to get a combined bull and female sale going. You're selling to a different set of buyers. Commercial cattlemen buy bulls; registered breeders buy females. I did know one operation that had their bull sale at 11:00, served lunch after the bulls sold, loaded the bulls out, and then had the female sale after lunch, about 1 pm. I'll bet Evans works it out.

Latest posts