Even I'm excited

Help Support CattleToday:

A.J.":1m3x0gnh said:
I'd gladly pay just a little more to run in and out of a dollar general than go through Walmart. If they're anything like the folks at our Dollar General, you won't be disappointed. :shock:

I don't even think DG is that much more expensive than wally world. I avoid Walmart at all costs. Since they ran most of the competition out of business over the past decade, the prices, service and quality dipped to an all time low. I like going into my small town Family Dollar. I know them and they know me. I like that.

bball":iegecdf1 said:
A.J.":iegecdf1 said:
I'd gladly pay just a little more to run in and out of a dollar general than go through Walmart. If they're anything like the folks at our Dollar General, you won't be disappointed. :shock:

I don't even think DG is that much more expensive than wally world. I avoid Walmart at all costs. Since they ran most of the competition out of business over the past decade, the prices, service and quality dipped to an all time low. I like going into my small town Family Dollar. I know them and they know me. I like that.
Last year Wal Mart started throwing up little small stores in all the small towns across the area. About 3 months after they shut them all down. Dollar General and/or Family Dollar is in just about every town now and pretty darn competitive so my wife says.

Try the DG brand of armour all. You'll thank me. It's not greasy, and doesn't leave a residue.

While we are talking about small town stores, does anyone know anything about SHOPCO? We are a one stop light town with a population of less than 3000 we have a small chain grocery store "Lowes" (not the hardware store) which used to be Super S Foods. We had an Alco come in several years ago and go out of business. Now everyone is excited about this new store SHOPCO which will be put up in the old Ford/New Holland tractor dealership (which also went out of business). Lowes has poor quality foods and high prices but it is the closest thing to a store for most in the county. Most people are used to a Sunday afternoon trip to an HEB or Walmart which would be 45 min in any direction from here. I've heard that it is similar to the Gibson's stores that were around before Walmart came about.

we have got em all Dollar General, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, Fred's and Wal-Mart. I don't think there is enough people in our town to have at least one shopper in each one at all times.

I'm thankful for our Dollar General and IGA grocery store. Like bball, I avoid Walmart like the plague. Now, if we could get a Rural King, I'd never leave the county except to farm!

I haven't been in a wal mart in over 2 years. I'm gonna see if I can make it the rest of my life without going back. I will run in the dollar store once in a while though.

Clodhopper":1jyjv86o said:
I'm thankful for our Dollar General and IGA grocery store. Like bball, I avoid Walmart like the plague. Now, if we could get a Rural King, I'd never leave the county except to farm!

Rural King is 25 minutes away. It's where I do the majority of my 'going to town' shopping. Pretty sure my entire wardrobe is furnished by the RK. $9 jeans, $3 shirt, .99 socks, Ariat boots. Can't beat em

There is no Dollar General here or anywhere else in the NW that I know of. We have an IGA in our little one horse town. Go south about 15 miles to the nearest bigger town and there is a Safeway. North 20 miles and there is a Fred Meyer, Costco, Albertson, and Walmart all cluttered up beside each other. We pretty much shop at the IGA. Once in a blue moon we go to Costco. I never ever go to Walmart. I consider it against my religion to shop there.

TennesseeTuxedo":304mwkj7 said:
TCRanch":304mwkj7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":304mwkj7 said:
I know the feeling Bigfoot, my wife was giddy when Nordstrom Rack opened in our little hamlet.

Jealous!!! Neiman Marcus Last Call is also a little slice of heaven :)

I'm glad somebody picked up on that. Yep, she loves it.

I have a sister who works for Nordstrom's in the corporate office. I am not sure what she does for them but I know from the pictures she has a corner office with the best view way up high above the rest of Seattle.
I am lucky because my wife won't shop at Goodwill. She says they are too expensive. Visiting Nurses thrift store is half the price of Goodwill and she claims they have better stuff.

Dollar general carries chocolate covered cashews for about 2.50 a can. That seems reasonable enough to me that I generally get a couple of cans when I'm near by.

Commercialfarmer":16t7ugn1 said:
Dollar general carries chocolate covered cashews for about 2.50 a can. That seems reasonable enough to me that I generally get a couple of cans when I'm near by.

I have missed that .....
have to find me some on my weekly visit this weekend.

I am an easy mark for any kind of chocolate covered nut peanuts, almonds...cashews will certainly work...

thanks for the heads up....even if the doctor says I can not eat them... :banana:

JMJ Farms":2ef5yi1g said:
I haven't been in a wal mart in over 2 years. I'm gonna see if I can make it the rest of my life without going back. I will run in the dollar store once in a while though.

In Montana on the American Fork ranch your 105 miles from the nearest Walmart.

Dave":be97dx02 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":be97dx02 said:
TCRanch":be97dx02 said:
Jealous!!! Neiman Marcus Last Call is also a little slice of heaven :)

I'm glad somebody picked up on that. Yep, she loves it.

I have a sister who works for Nordstrom's in the corporate office. I am not sure what she does for them but I know from the pictures she has a corner office with the best view way up high above the rest of Seattle.
I am lucky because my wife won't shop at Goodwill. She says they are too expensive. Visiting Nurses thrift store is half the price of Goodwill and she claims they have better stuff.

Color my husband unlucky; I have to drive to Wichita just to buy jeans :)

Latest posts