Entry level cattle scales questions

Help Support CattleToday:

Luckiamute

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this, but ... Does anyone have any thoughts and/or experiences using either the Gallagher W110 Entry Level Weigh System or the Tru-Test EziWeigh5i + their loadbars. Thinking about investing in a scale this spring and these are two options being considered. The loadbars would be used with a platform in an alley rather than under a chute. Thanks :)

I have 2 sets of Tru-Test Eziweigh and their load bars, I don't know about the 5i but mine would be the very basic model, I bought the first set but picked up the 2nd set at an auction pretty cheap a couple of years later and use the 2nd set around at my bull paddock, very convenient. I use mine on a platform in the race before the crush also, just different terminology. It would be 12 years since I bought the first set and apart from the internal batteries dying early in the piece they have performed flawlessly. I usually just clip them onto a small gelcell battery. They are basic and have to write the numbers down but are all that I need. I blame buying a set of scales getting me into this mess I am in now, once I started measuring I just had to keep improving so be warned it is addictive, I have been looking for a support group to help me with my habit but can't find one so I guess I'll just have to keep improving.

Ken

Not the info you asked for but something you may want to consider no matter which one you go with. I suggest either removing the units leads after each use or encase them in conduit. I didn't and mice chewed the insulation off the wire which caused the unit to give erratic weights. Seems like the mice really like to chew on the wires.

wbvs58":nqzw3p02 said:
I have 2 sets of Tru-Test Eziweigh and their load bars, I don't know about the 5i but mine would be the very basic model, I bought the first set but picked up the 2nd set at an auction pretty cheap a couple of years later and use the 2nd set around at my bull paddock, very convenient. I use mine on a platform in the race before the crush also, just different terminology. It would be 12 years since I bought the first set and apart from the internal batteries dying early in the piece they have performed flawlessly. I usually just clip them onto a small gelcell battery. They are basic and have to write the numbers down but are all that I need. I blame buying a set of scales getting me into this mess I am in now, once I started measuring I just had to keep improving so be warned it is addictive, I have been looking for a support group to help me with my habit but can't find one so I guess I'll just have to keep improving.

Ken

hahah :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts