• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Entry level cattle scales questions

Help Support CattleToday:

Luckiamute

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this, but ... Does anyone have any thoughts and/or experiences using either the Gallagher W110 Entry Level Weigh System or the Tru-Test EziWeigh5i + their loadbars. Thinking about investing in a scale this spring and these are two options being considered. The loadbars would be used with a platform in an alley rather than under a chute. Thanks :)

wbvs58

Reaction score
I have 2 sets of Tru-Test Eziweigh and their load bars, I don't know about the 5i but mine would be the very basic model, I bought the first set but picked up the 2nd set at an auction pretty cheap a couple of years later and use the 2nd set around at my bull paddock, very convenient. I use mine on a platform in the race before the crush also, just different terminology. It would be 12 years since I bought the first set and apart from the internal batteries dying early in the piece they have performed flawlessly. I usually just clip them onto a small gelcell battery. They are basic and have to write the numbers down but are all that I need. I blame buying a set of scales getting me into this mess I am in now, once I started measuring I just had to keep improving so be warned it is addictive, I have been looking for a support group to help me with my habit but can't find one so I guess I'll just have to keep improving.

Ken

blacksnake

Reaction score
Not the info you asked for but something you may want to consider no matter which one you go with. I suggest either removing the units leads after each use or encase them in conduit. I didn’t and mice chewed the insulation off the wire which caused the unit to give erratic weights. Seems like the mice really like to chew on the wires.

ddd75

Reaction score
wbvs58":nqzw3p02 said:
I have 2 sets of Tru-Test Eziweigh and their load bars, I don't know about the 5i but mine would be the very basic model, I bought the first set but picked up the 2nd set at an auction pretty cheap a couple of years later and use the 2nd set around at my bull paddock, very convenient. I use mine on a platform in the race before the crush also, just different terminology. It would be 12 years since I bought the first set and apart from the internal batteries dying early in the piece they have performed flawlessly. I usually just clip them onto a small gelcell battery. They are basic and have to write the numbers down but are all that I need. I blame buying a set of scales getting me into this mess I am in now, once I started measuring I just had to keep improving so be warned it is addictive, I have been looking for a support group to help me with my habit but can't find one so I guess I'll just have to keep improving.

Ken

hahah :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts