English lesson 101

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":35vkpwvj said:
msscamp":35vkpwvj said:
Wewild":35vkpwvj said:
ALX.":35vkpwvj said:
but what I hate is intentional poor writing that makes posts hard to read.

I never knew folks intentionally do that. How do you know?

Sure they do - arrogance, complacency(sp?), simply not caring, adopting the attitude of "I've gotten by with it before, so why not now?", probably many other reasons as well. While it it true that some people simply don't know better, there are a lot of people out there who do know better, and that are just to lazy/don't care enough to put the time and effort into writing/posting/speaking correctly.

Sorry Msscamp just had to do this please take no offence as my typo's are as bad or worse;however the scenario is funny.

Msscamp also used the uncorrect "to" !

Beefy":cxrp3n62 said:
hillsdown":cxrp3n62 said:
msscamp":cxrp3n62 said:
Wewild":cxrp3n62 said:
ALX.":cxrp3n62 said:

Sure they do - arrogance, complacency(sp?), simply not caring, adopting the attitude of "I've gotten by with it before, so why not now?", probably many other reasons as well. While it it true that some people simply don't know better, there are a lot of people out there who do know better, and that are just to lazy/don't care enough to put the time and effort into writing/posting/speaking correctly.

Sorry Msscamp just had to do this please take no offence as my typo's are as bad or worse;however the scenario is funny.

Msscamp also used the uncorrect "to" !

Oh horrors! :shock: Not only a spelling error, but a grammatical error as well - what will my mother think? By the way Beefy, the correct term is "incorrect". ;-) Which just goes to show that we all do it, and I don't believe the little grammatical errors that each of us make from time to time are what this thread is about. From what I'm able to understand, it is about a rather obvious misuse and abuse of the English language - not to mention a blatant lack of punctuation, which makes posts very difficult to read and understand. But, I could very well be wrong about that.

Beefy":1c94h4fs said:
hillsdown":1c94h4fs said:
msscamp":1c94h4fs said:
Wewild":1c94h4fs said:
ALX.":1c94h4fs said:

Msscamp also used the uncorrect {incorrect} "to" !

You are quite correct Beefy I missed that how careless of me. :lol: :lol:Now how many errors are you going to find with what I just typed? :) In my defence I am not lazy but just do not know any better. ;-)

hillsdown":3ip4furi said:
Beefy":3ip4furi said:
hillsdown":3ip4furi said:
msscamp":3ip4furi said:
Wewild":3ip4furi said:
ALX.":3ip4furi said:

You are quite correct Beefy I missed that how careless of me. :lol: :lol:Now how many errors are you going to find with what I just typed? :) In my defence I am not lazy but just do not know any better. ;-)

moohahhhaaa! uncorrect was intentional.

btw, hillsdown you spelled defense unright.

Beefy":3et0ptu1 said:
hillsdown":3et0ptu1 said:
Beefy":3et0ptu1 said:
hillsdown":3et0ptu1 said:
msscamp":3et0ptu1 said:
Wewild":3et0ptu1 said:
ALX.":3et0ptu1 said:

hehehe,
feel like I'm watching scary movie, the bad guy is standing on other side of door and poor, unsuspecting person getting ready to go..............

angie":286y3htq said:
Beefy":286y3htq said:
hillsdown":286y3htq said:
Beefy":286y3htq said:
hillsdown":286y3htq said:
msscamp":286y3htq said:
Wewild":286y3htq said:
ALX.":286y3htq said:

hehehe,
feel like I'm watching scary movie, the bad guy is standing on other side of door and poor, unsuspecting person getting ready to go..............

check out the cool 3D effect created by all the quote boxes. its almost enough to put one into a trancelike state.

Beefy":6gyoxc9g said:
angie":6gyoxc9g said:
hillsdown":6gyoxc9g said:
hillsdown":6gyoxc9g said:
msscamp":6gyoxc9g said:
Wewild":6gyoxc9g said:
ALX.":6gyoxc9g said:

hehehe,

check out the cool 3D effect created by all the quote boxes. its almost enough to put one into a trancelike state.

He raises the nife............

angie":30uu0m62 said:
Beefy":30uu0m62 said:
angie":30uu0m62 said:
hillsdown":30uu0m62 said:
hillsdown":30uu0m62 said:
msscamp":30uu0m62 said:
Wewild":30uu0m62 said:
ALX.":30uu0m62 said:

hehehe,

you are getting sleeepy. verrry sleeeeepy...
pssst. you misspelled knife.

Beefy":1pik4kzw said:
angie":1pik4kzw said:
angie":1pik4kzw said:
hillsdown":1pik4kzw said:
hillsdown":1pik4kzw said:
msscamp":1pik4kzw said:
Wewild":1pik4kzw said:
ALX.":1pik4kzw said:

hehehe,

AHHHHHH! Poor, unsuspecting, beautiful girl gets hacked by bad guy!

angie":1jbahrma said:
Beefy":1jbahrma said:
hillsdown":1jbahrma said:
hillsdown":1jbahrma said:
msscamp":1jbahrma said:
Wewild":1jbahrma said:
ALX.":1jbahrma said:

hehehe,

MOOOHAHHhaaaaaaaa!!!

VanC":2mjqh0yr said:
hink,

I see you've edited your original post AGAIN. Why?

WEll,,, this is so far out of hand and it's sure not about cattle. So I changed the subject line to what it is about. :roll:

hink":3fsue7xd said:
VanC":3fsue7xd said:
hink,

WEll,,, this is so far out of hand and it's sure not about cattle. So I changed the subject line to what it is about. :roll:

Hink it was your thread. It sounds like you achieved what you were after in the beginning.

backhoeboogie":bi4rmxg4 said:
hink":bi4rmxg4 said:
VanC":bi4rmxg4 said:
hink,

Hink it was your thread. It sounds like you achieved what you were after in the beginning.

yep, guess so

It is ashame that instead of welcoming a "beginner", the members here decided to make fun of them.

I remember when the rule was to "praise in public", "punish in private"...not that this is punishment but plenty criticism was posted.

I guess what the members of these pages are saying to "beginners" is have your thick skin on. Seems like its kinda a "click" thing.

Its a shame, Donna

Wewild":wfjn9c2l said:
ALX.":wfjn9c2l said:

I never knew folks intentionally do that. How do you know? I find it hard to believe except when it was done in this post and maybe others as satire.

Wewild, I know you possess a good vocabulary and have a very good mechanical aptitude. Why would you explain something to someone in terms they cannot comprehend? You don't. Nor do you try to be impressive with your education. You simply communicate to everyone. There are Doctors, Lawyers, and just about every kind of professional degree you can imagine reading these forums. I think everyone tries to use terminology most laymen can comprehend.

Beefy":1jipr8ex said:
angie":1jipr8ex said:
hillsdown":1jipr8ex said:
hillsdown":1jipr8ex said:
msscamp":1jipr8ex said:
Wewild":1jipr8ex said:
ALX.":1jipr8ex said:

hehehe,

MOOOHAHHhaaaaaaaa!!!
Then, by design, the other beautiful girl hacks the bad guy. After said hacking, just stands there watching bad guy on floor......

Latest posts