English Longhorns

Help Support CattleToday:

Leopold

Reaction score
Hello All , I was looking at a forum with a bunch of folks looking at English longhorn cattle and just loved the photos. Ever since seeing the undertakers oxen in the movie "Braveheart" I have been trying to get me some of em. I have since found out that they had just won the " Best steak in Great Britain" contest last year . So they are not just beauty they are substance and quality as well. Unfortunately there are only a few crossbreds Grading up in Australia and they are apparently difficult to get embyos from. No matter what I have to have them. There was one person criticising the udders on some old teenage cows but when you see the monster calf that is feeding off them they dont have to look pretty. Those old cows owe nobody nothing. Another person was saying cross them with Angus to take the horns off them. Why spoil good blood with a breed that only came fifth in the best steak contest. Anyway I have to find that forum to finish reading the comments. Leopold

If this were true Britain needs to just import all their beef!@ :lol2: :lol2:

Leopold":15ipmonw said:
Hello All , I was looking at a forum with a bunch of folks looking at English longhorn cattle and just loved the photos. Ever since seeing the undertakers oxen in the movie "Braveheart" I have been trying to get me some of em. I have since found out that they had just won the " Best steak in Great Britain" contest last year . So they are not just beauty they are substance and quality as well. Unfortunately there are only a few crossbreds Grading up in Australia and they are apparently difficult to get embyos from. No matter what I have to have them. There was one person criticising the udders on some old teenage cows but when you see the monster calf that is feeding off them they dont have to look pretty. Those old cows owe nobody nothing. Another person was saying cross them with Angus to take the horns off them. Why spoil good blood with a breed that only came fifth in the best steak contest. Anyway I have to find that forum to finish reading the comments. Leopold

Cattle with long horns need different shoots than non horned cattle, different management practices..

I probly said cross them with angus to knock the horns of, you would also get hybrid vigor , and I bet better carcus (meat)..

Latest posts