English lesson 101

Help Support CattleToday:

hink

Reaction score
No cattle question here.
Just a good old english lesson.

A mistake that I will never forget, haha

From home unless they salebarn has a special (breeding) cow sale.

THANKS, HOW DO YOU DETERMINE WHAT PRICE TO SALE THEM AT? 8 COWS- 8 500 LB CALVES (5 BULLS- 3 HEFIERS) AND A BRANGUS BULL. IT IS A NICE LITTLE HEARD.

Cow calf pairs have been bringing as high as $1500 at auctions this year. Seen some older ones go as low as $700. My guess, based on your description, is about $1200 average per pair. Split them up and the calves are worth about $1.20 per pound.

Here is a copy of the auction results from Meridian, Texas. Most of the auctions in this area do not post results on the internet. http://www.mlslivestock.com/new_page_6.htm

Maybe that will give you some idea of what they are worth and you can go from there.

First of all I'm sorry to hear about your husband being sick, also sorry you have to SELL the cows.

Having said that why the heck do people not know how to use the word SELL.

You don't sale your cows you SELL them.
You might SELL them at the sale barn.
You might SELL them at a yard sale.
You might even go somewhere that is having a SALE on cows.
They might even be SELLING them pretty cheap.

However if you take your cows to the SALE barn and SELL them, they have now been SOLD not SALED.

Sorry but this kind of intentional wrecking of the English language make us all sound and look like we are not only not very smart but, also ignorant.

No offense intended.

3waycross":35p3glwh said:
First of all I'm sorry to hear about your husband being sick, also sorry you have to SELL the cows.

However if you take your cows to the SALE barn and SELL them, they have now been SOLD not SALED.

Sorry but this kind of intentional wrecking of the English language make us all sound and look like we are not only not very smart but, also ignorant.

No offense intended.
Thanks for the English lesson. It's a SOUTHERN THANG, get over it. Being from Colorado you wouldn't understand. Just a thought for you,I wouldn't come to TEXAS and throw that ignorant word around. It might just get ya hurt.
No offence intended. :cboy:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":18xzwr6t said:
3waycross":18xzwr6t said:

No offense intended.
Thanks for the English lesson. It's a SOUTHERN THANG, get over it. Being from Colorado you wouldn't understand. Just a thought for you,I wouldn't come to TEXAS and throw that ignorant word around. It might just get ya hurt.

No offense taken. Been puttin up with Texans and their Bull---t for my whole life.

As far as actually going there, reminds me of the Prologue of a BOOK I READ. It said " Poor New Mexico, so far from heaven and so close to Texas. Think I'll stay here and keep New Mexico between us.

Funny thing is I've known a lot of great Southerners in my life none of them talk that way. Course most of them was 8th grade gradgiates.

As a matter of fact I'm 1/4 Oakie and NONE of my relatives from OK or MO. talked that way.

and thanks for the threat, makes you sound even more intelligent.

WELL THANKS FOR THE LESSON. DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHNG BETTER TO DO? No offense intended!!!!

I said no offense and I meant it,

I did go to a school where God played a very prominent role. Consequently every time I butcher the English language I look up real quick to see if Sister Mary is about to whip my a$$.

Been around cows and cow people my whole life and don't mind a little butchering of the language but the Sale thing drives me nuts.

I end up speaking a lot of Spanglish, drives my wife nuts, but it helps me get a lot done.

Hink, sorry to hear you have to SALE your herd.

I think the best thing would be to SALE them at an auction as a
complete herd SELL.

The competitive bid is a good way to SALE cattle. And your check is guaranteed.

I'm not making fun, I think SALE cattle is just fine. 8)

mnmtranching":3shk4tls said:

complete herd SELL.

YA sure, You Betcha!!!!!!!!!!

Not making fun just having some.

I guess now I can't go to Mn. either withou getting my a$$ kicked.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1qcn0uxw said:
3waycross":1qcn0uxw said:

No offense intended.
Sorry but it really is not a "SOUTHERN THANG". ;-)

Sorry but it really is not a "SOUTHERN THANG". Wink
I agree.

3way - you could have easily used the correct usage in a reply instead of using it as a bat to beat Hink over the head with. Notice how Hink finally switched from usiing ALL CAPS even though no one actually mentioned it. Your approach made you come off as a self elevating premadonna. People will naturally doubt your sincerity of meaning no harm or offense after beating someone over the head. It just a matter of civility.

Personally, I can't WEIGHT to SAIL some cattle this fall.

dcara":25oz2jzy said:

With the winds around here we've had to "weight" down the cows with rocks to keep them from "sailing" off the ridge.

dun":31gz0heu said:
dcara":31gz0heu said:

With the winds around here we've had to "weight" down the cows with rocks to keep them from "sailing" off the ridge.

Now that is a tickler, Dun. It wasn't offensive either.

Macon needs to add a grammar check for us poor, unedgumacated Texans. There, they're, or their who cares, I know what they meant. Sale, sell, sail - it was understood as well. The lady asked a question. She has a sick husband. Hopefully she got some idea of the animal's value.

Hopefully she won't have to listen to us critique her again :lol:

Edit: Forgot to say "No offense intended!!!!" (Dun forgot to say that too!!!)

backhoeboogie":2oa03rjo said:
dun":2oa03rjo said:
dcara":2oa03rjo said:

Now that is a tickler, Dun. It wasn't offensive either.

Macon needs to add a grammar check for us poor, unedgumacated Texans. There, they're, or their who cares, I know what they meant. Sale, sell, sail - it was understood as well. The lady asked a question. She has a sick husband. Hopefully she got some idea of the animal's value.

Hopefully she won't have to listen to us critique her again :lol:

Edit: Forgot to say "No offense intended!!!!" (Dun forgot to say that too!!!)

Maybe, just maybe I meant to be offensive

RN BSN":1kb6e4uu said:
I like that name (( 3waycross )) must have been thinking of your family tree when you picked that out.

Offense intended

A family tree with 3 branches must seem awfully lush to you bubba. Since yours probably has only one,

No offense intended to you or all the rest of the cast of deliverance.

3waycross":3l382ek3 said:
mnmtranching":3l382ek3 said:

complete herd SELL.

YA sure, You Betcha!!!!!!!!!!

Not making fun just having some.

I guess now I can't go to Mn. either withou getting my a$$ kicked.

I wouldnt try KY either....

Latest posts