Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Grey or gray?
There, their, they're?
Pare, pair or pear?
To, two or too?
Herd or heard?

Just for starters and what do you mean too is the same as also?

All this from typing out the word grey this morning........ Wait is it greybeard or graybeard?

Both grey and gray are Old English but the use/spelling of gray is 'favored' by Americans. Just the same as favour and favor :help:

alisonb":2qxz0z04 said:
Both grey and gray are Old English but the use/spelling of gray is 'favored' by Americans. Just the same as favour and favor :help:

Well then is grey and gray both colors or colours?

It would depend on whether you use a plough or a plow and whether it has a tyre or a tire on it :p

Ouachita":3di75r98 said:
Alan":3di75r98 said:
are, not is :lol:
That needs some clarification.
It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If-if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement...

Putangitangi":5zlz0dvx said:
My sister just wrote from the UAE with a description of skydivers jumping out of plains. Not much of a jump, I'd guess.

:lol: :lol: my point exactly, I have read English is the hardest language to learn. I have to go water calves, I think I will use the pale pail.

Alan":2yqhs2gz said:
Putangitangi":2yqhs2gz said:
My sister just wrote from the UAE with a description of skydivers jumping out of plains. Not much of a jump, I'd guess.

:lol: :lol: my point exactly, I have read English is the hardest language to learn. I have to go water calves, I think I will use the pale pail.

I have heard the same thing. I learned Spanish when I was like 6 or 7 wasn't that hard.

Try teaching the difference in to, two, too,their, they're, there, to third graders. These plus others like weigh, way, hear, here, eight, ate,would all be in the same spelling lesson. I felt sorry for eight year olds struggling with these words.

Williamsv":2f4n6bop said:
Try teaching the difference in to, two, too,their, they're, there, to third graders. These plus others like weigh, way, hear, here, eight, ate,would all be in the same spelling lesson. I felt sorry for eight year olds struggling with these words.
Why? All it takes is a good teacher, and the discipline to follow through to ensure that the lessons are learned. It doesn't take a genius on either end. Refusing to accept or tolerate today's text-speak laziness will help a lot too (also).

Luca Brasi":smxoade2 said:
Williamsv":smxoade2 said:
Why? All it takes is a good teacher, and the discipline to follow through to ensure that the lessons are learned. It doesn't take a genius on either end. Refusing to accept or tolerate today's text-speak laziness will help a lot too (also).
You must have been the "class" act. Good for you

Luca Brasi":3ilnkewt said:
Williamsv":3ilnkewt said:

You are a piece of work.

greybeard":1jngi403 said:
Ouachita":1jngi403 said:
Alan":1jngi403 said:
are, not is :lol:
That needs some clarification.
It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If-if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement...
Indeed. Cousin Bill brought that to the forefront and the result is, is will never be the same. Dickshunaries are forever in his debt, or shame, depending on context. Good one GB

Latest posts