Encouraging cattle to go through the headgate?

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":3j1pyygr said:
whitewing":3j1pyygr said:
TobyBenoit":3j1pyygr said:
It is, Whitewing, if you pronounce it Ben-wah. My family has always used the proper French ponunciation.

I'm originally from Louisiana and hearing the "non-French" pronunciation of Be-noit always grated on my ears. Welcome aboard my friend! :D
Years ago I knew a guy from Canada that pronounced Beano (like the anti-phart stuff)
you would come up with that.

dun":2owc63ls said:
whitewing":2owc63ls said:
TobyBenoit":2owc63ls said:
It is, Whitewing, if you pronounce it Ben-wah. My family has always used the proper French ponunciation.

I'm originally from Louisiana and hearing the "non-French" pronunciation of Be-noit always grated on my ears. Welcome aboard my friend! :D
I never could figure out why some folks can;t pronounce their names correctly
I've seen membersof the same family pronounce their last name differently. Guess one loved his french roots more than his american root.

Awe heck, Tex. Nobody in my family likes their French heritage better'n their American. We're all proud American patriots and very proud of our military heritage. Members of our bunch have served in all but two of America's wars since the Second Seminole War. none could be prouder of our country!

However, we didn't Americanize the pronunciation of our name. I've no reason why or why not, but it probably has something to do with the reason the English Smith isn't pronounced "Smythe" or the Spanish Santos isn't pronounces "Saint-oss".

I appreciate your understanding and I hope to relieve any doubts as to the pneumonic preferences of our name. :tiphat: