Embryo flush to Carolina Fortune?

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Has anybody used Carolina Fortune in their embryo program? I know he has been heavily used as an A.I. sire but I am curious if anybody has used him on their donor cows and how consistant where the offspring?

Personally I wish I hadn't wasted my cows time on him. I have three daughters out of the same three cows that got me really into chars and every one of the daughters is a mediocre runt. They are growing like they're suposed to but they don't look like it. The steers were just steers.

cow pollinater":3mf2uf5b said:
Personally I wish I hadn't wasted my cows time on him. I have three daughters out of the same three cows that got me really into chars and every one of the daughters is a mediocre runt. They are growing like they're suposed to but they don't look like it. The steers were just steers.

Why would you flush a Char to a Gelbvieh bull?

I tried to use Fortune in my AI program, but nothing stuck, which I think may have been a blessing in disguise. I haven't seen to many offspring out of him that have really caught my eye, but if you are looking to improve carcass traits in your herd then he definitely has that going for him. Most of his calves I've seen don't have much for rear quarters. It's always tough trying to decide which bulls to flush to.

3waycross":34c8dhwq said:
Why would you flush a Char to a Gelbvieh bull?
I didn't. These were grade angus types that I'd been breeding to a char bull and decided to use them to try some gv's. I like to experiment with a few cows before I go in whole hog on things. I think I'm going to try again this year but with a different bull.
And I'm with Cibster. It's the back end that ruins them.

Latest posts