Email I jus got from angus.org

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
"The number of registered-Angus bulls and females sold and reported to the American Angus Association are up from 2015, while sale averages are slightly below year-ago levels. Here's a recap from our region:"

Registered-Angus Sale Averages
Region 3: Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee

Bulls — 1,065 head averaged $4,712
Females — 1,094 head averaged $4,755

Bulls — 1,203 head averaged $3,860
Females — 1,584 head averaged $4,713

The American Angus Association sent out an email a few minutes ago with the averages from the spring sales in Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee. Bulls are down more than cows and heifers.

Just thought I'd share, do with it what you will.

The basically negligible drop in the female average is what catches my eye first. Would that likely be because so many registered bulls go to the commercial market, while (I assume) the vast majority of females go to the seedstock/show market?

M.Magis":2tych9ck said:
The basically negligible drop in the female average is what catches my eye first. Would that likely be because so many registered bulls go to the commercial market, while (I assume) the vast majority of females go to the seedstock/show market?

That's what I understood, which is good news for us. We buy registered bulls for our commercial market & I need 2 more next year.

Well all the breeders tell me to throw the top 10% out and the bottom 10% out. Then average the rest out and you can buy some quality animals for that price.
It works the same way for bulls or heifers.

The breeders tell me to throw the top 10% out and the bottom 10% out. Average what's left and you can buy some excellent animals for that price.

Latest posts