Email etiquette

Help Support CattleToday:

In our company any email is public. At any time anything you send could be forwarded to involve other people as necessary. Most cc and bcc half the company as a cya. If you talk to someone on the phone then you have no proof of what was said. Email and text provide proof.

I don;t know how many times I've seen emails that should have been private that were accidentally(?) tagged "reply all"

M-5":cjmfwej6 said:
Well apparently he has no control over his wife and I suspect that's why the disagreement with you. He has no backbone. I usually use another word to describe this type of man but I'll leave that to your imagination.

Yep, that's why I beat my wife. Keep that woman in line. :bang:

Caustic Burno":3serbmhb said:
I agree 100 percent they are a private conversation and I hate them.
Never seen one that didn't start more trouble than was worth.
Got to the point at work I wouldn't hardly answer one I would pick up the phone to reply. It always amazed how you could write something and in your head it was saying this and the guy on the other end something completely different

Thank you for calling people!! I hate that people at my work will send me message when they could walk the 5 ft to have a face-to-face. Laziness is abound!

Bestoutwest":11irsy9t said:
M-5":11irsy9t said:
Well apparently he has no control over his wife and I suspect that's why the disagreement with you. He has no backbone. I usually use another word to describe this type of man but I'll leave that to your imagination.

Yep, that's why I beat my wife. Keep that woman in line. :bang:

That's where we differ, I don't have to Beat mine You see I follow the biblical principle on how a husband should treat his wife there for she follows the same and that includes respect. when you respect someone you can "know your ROLE and SHUT your HOLE "

M-5":19v257yk said:
skyhightree1":19v257yk said:
He needs to get his nads back she's took them

SKY , You and I agree but sadly a vast majority of the population are castrated males. I see now why they need to use the womans restroom. They don't have enough balls to qualify as men.

Very true.... :clap:

I deal with mostly women when I do resi jobs because the husband's tell me the wife is the boss they have no say so all they do is write the check.. I scratched my head trying to wrap my head around that then when one man told me could you wait and speak with my wife I'm late for my maneypetti I think is the verbage he used . I asked people what that was they said a manicure and pedicure from that point on about 10 years ago I realized men had softened up and society was going downhill.

I work on the presumption that the spouse of any individual has access to their e-mail and facebook and other social media passwords and no compunction about using them to read or post.

Doesn't mean I think it to be right, but I know it to be very often the case. Just because you receive an e-mail from a certain person doesn't mean that person wrote it.

Now as for passing around private e-mails and screened posts - ten years ago it would have been an etiquette no-no, that does not appear to be the case today. You may find a few individuals who will respect the fact that you screened what you wrote from public view, but it's no longer an 'unwritten code of behaviour' and you can't expect it generally. Nearly 50% of my fb friends have shared something from behind a lock before/without asking and I doubt that my posts informing them that is unacceptable will prevent it from ever happening again.

M-5":3djnliop said:
That's where we differ, I don't have to Beat mine You see I follow the biblical principle on how a husband should treat his wife there for she follows the same and that includes respect. when you respect someone you can "know your ROLE and SHUT your HOLE "

No, I'll tell you the real difference between you and I. I treat my wife as my equal, my partner, rather than a subordinate. We have actual discussions about things because, I will admit, that I am sometimes wrong about things. There is nothing about 'nutting up' and being her dominate. She isn't five, and doesn't deserve to be treated as such. If you truly respect your wife you don't tell her 'how it is' and remind her that you're 'the man.' The part about beating her was sarcasm. :bang:

And the #1 rule of email etiquette is to never write anything you'd rather not read to a room of people. My wife was on a jury where they read some emails that someone had written. He used expletives and generally sounded like an idiot, which was magnified while reading them from the stand.

Bestoutwest":p1hwsd1a said:
M-5":p1hwsd1a said:

No, I'll tell you the real difference between you and I. I treat my wife as my equal, my partner, rather than a subordinate. We have actual discussions about things because, I will admit, that I am sometimes wrong about things. There is nothing about 'nutting up' and being her dominate. She isn't five, and doesn't deserve to be treated as such. If you truly respect your wife you don't tell her 'how it is' and remind her that you're 'the man.' The part about beating her was sarcasm. :bang:

And the #1 rule of email etiquette is to never write anything you'd rather not read to a room of people. My wife was on a jury where they read some emails that someone had written. He used expletives and generally sounded like an idiot, which was magnified while reading them from the stand.

I forget you don't use The GOOD BOOK as a guide in your life and just follow society wills and they say women are same as men.
My wife is not a subordinate!!! She is a intricate part of my life and I love Her AS CHRIST loved his church therefore I will do everything and anything for her. I am also charged with be a head of household and with that comes the responsibility of handling business in a manner that provides and protects my family. If you do as I do your wife will respect you and not embarrass you buy acting like a fool in public or email for that matter. The OP has stated this was involving a board for rodeo stuff that apparently the men were handling and the MAN was a PUZZY and let his wife talk and walk over Him.

If it's a large expense I will check with the wife, but that's just to see if the money is in the check book or if I have to move it from savings.

M-5":1c1lu8z8 said:
I forget you don't use The GOOD BOOK as a guide in your life and just follow society wills and they say women are same as men.
My wife is not a subordinate!!! She is a intricate part of my life and I love Her AS CHRIST loved his church therefore I will do everything and anything for her. I am also charged with be a head of household and with that comes the responsibility of handling business in a manner that provides and protects my family. If you do as I do your wife will respect you and not embarrass you buy acting like a fool in public or email for that matter. The OP has stated this was involving a board for rodeo stuff that apparently the men were handling and the MAN was a PUZZY and let his wife talk and walk over Him.

Careful, M-5, your misogyny is showing again. There is no reason that you're more intellectually inclined, ie better at running a household in a 'manner that provides and protects my family,' because you have a Y chromosome and your wife does not. In a physical competition most women will not hold up. In an intellectual contest women can go toe-to-toe with men all day long. Intellectually, men and women are the same. Physically they are not. There's nothing about the female anatomy that lowers their intellectual quotient.

Bestoutwest":hfholj4o said:
Careful, M-5, your misogyny is showing again. There is no reason that you're more intellectually inclined, ie better at running a household in a 'manner that provides and protects my family,' because you have a Y chromosome and your wife does not. In a physical competition most women will not hold up. In an intellectual contest women can go toe-to-toe with men all day long. Intellectually, men and women are the same. Physically they are not. There's nothing about the female anatomy that lowers their intellectual quotient.
He never said he thinks less of her. Those of us that are new age male enough to go back and read the instructions understand what he's saying. I hope you figure it out. ;-)

skyhightree1":3nwwemfc said:
I deal with mostly women when I do resi jobs because the husband's tell me the wife is the boss they have no say so all they do is write the check.. I scratched my head trying to wrap my head around that then when one man told me could you wait and speak with my wife I'm late for my maneypetti I think is the verbage he used . I asked people what that was they said a manicure and pedicure from that point on about 10 years ago I realized men had softened up and society was going downhill.

:nod: There was a lady from LA (not lower alabama) in a company I worked for that gave me a certificate for some kind of deal like that. I said thanks, my wife will appreciate that. She said, no, it's for you. Uhhhh, oh, I thought it was for things like getting your nails done. She said, it is. Ummm, ahhhh, ahhhh, Bl, Bless, Bless your heart.

She needed to work on knowing her audience.

Bestoutwest":3a7di26d said:
Caustic Burno":3a7di26d said:
I agree 100 percent they are a private conversation and I hate them.
Never seen one that didn't start more trouble than was worth.
Got to the point at work I wouldn't hardly answer one I would pick up the phone to reply. It always amazed how you could write something and in your head it was saying this and the guy on the other end something completely different

Thank you for calling people!! I hate that people at my work will send me message when they could walk the 5 ft to have a face-to-face. Laziness is abound!

We had a former employee (was a manager) that would make a phone call to someone 5 feet away. I think that is as bad as sending a message to someone that close...

Latest posts