2nd Marriage Etiquette

Help Support CattleToday:

Let your wife handel it and you will never regret it. It may cost you more than you are willing to spend but it will be worth every penny. Anyway, this is how my wife would advise me.

Now for my free advise: Keep your thoughts to yourself and let them not think of you as a fool. If you are like me and you opt to express your opinon and you will remove all doubt about being a fool and you might regret it for a very looooong time.

About twenty years ago I had the choice of going deer hunting or to my sisters second wedding. My wife explained it to me in a way that I just couldn't resist going to the wedding. Was I a happy hunter? NO. The funny side of it is that they messed up just one deer hunt for me. My brother-in-law's deer hunting has been messed up every year since then. :lol: :lol2:

I can not believe all you he men who are rolling over and letting the wife make all the decisions.....

act like a man and go with your convictions....

my wife actually agrees with me that there has to be a limit to this wedding craziness somewhere.....spending tens of thousands of dollars on one wedding is bad enough.....but on second and third and ......?

actually I don't do weddings at all anymore because most likely there is nothing lasting about it except the payment plan....

pdfangus":1b74zytp said:
I can not believe all you he men who are rolling over and letting the wife make all the decisions.....
It's called 'keeping the peace' or could be that some actually value the opinion of their partner ;-)

alisonb":3ts7hnax said:
pdfangus":3ts7hnax said:
It's called 'keeping the peace' or could be that some actually value the opinion of their partner ;-)

valuing the opinion is not necessarily the same as total surrender to the other opinion.

alisonb":2h2dt0m9 said:
pdfangus":2h2dt0m9 said:

Some call it "rolling over" and others "keeping the peace" but as for me, I value her opinion! I've learned that when she expresses her opinion strongly, it's time for me to listen to her and re-examine my perspective. She has hit it right on the head many times and as a result kept me from looking like the south end of a north bound horse. Talk about a win-win.

cowmilker":1smps772 said:
With my wife, I believe in picking my battles. This is not one I would choose to fight.

The same goes when raising kids.
Speaking as a woman, my suggestion would be to give a gift card or cash.

alisonb":2xi1w6gh said:
pdfangus":2xi1w6gh said:
:lol: come on allison be serious

Okay you've all convinced me to keep my mouth shut. That and the fact that my wife reminded me that I missed the nieces first wedding because I went to a hockey game (I did make the reception though). Looking back, I guess my thoughts of my wife forgetting about it in a few days didn't exactly pan out. I guess I'll also forget my back-up plan of having a cattle-related emergency right before it's time to leave for the wedding.

ChrisB":ny0sbz2q said:
Okay you've all convinced me to keep my mouth shut. That and the fact that my wife reminded me that I missed the nieces first wedding because I went to a hockey game (I did make the reception though). Looking back, I guess my thoughts of my wife forgetting about it in a few days didn't exactly pan out. I guess I'll also forget my back-up plan of having a cattle-related emergency right before it's time to leave for the wedding.
dont jinks yourself,, i have those wanted or not..

ChrisB":119bbra9 said:

You actually thougth your wife would forget something that you did? Wifes never forget things which can be held against you at a later date.

ALACOWMAN":2lgwruli said:
alisonb":2lgwruli said:
pdfangus":2lgwruli said:
:lol: come on allison be serious
:lol: You're such a card ALA, I bet you even look a bit like your avatar.

pdfangus":36pswxa7 said:

act like a man and go with your convictions....

my wife actually agrees with me that there has to be a limit to this wedding craziness somewhere.....spending tens of thousands of dollars on one wedding is bad enough.....but on second and third and ......?

actually I don't do weddings at all anymore because most likely there is nothing lasting about it except the payment plan....
That makes two of us. None of my business so I just mind my own business.
Gift---one gift first marriage and that's it. Multiple marriages and multiple gifts gets to be like the bum on the street corner with his "Work for food" sign. Some of thse guys are hauling in more money than the people giviing to them are making.

Latest posts