Eatin breakfast at work

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I ain't had a rant in while. I have several, that come in every morning, with their breakfast in hand. It kinda gripes me. It sends a message. It doesn't really slow anything down, it just says a lot about the person (to me anyways). I'm of a mind, you should get up, get ready, eat, and hit the door ready to take on the day or face the challenge. You don't exactly look prepared to take the world, with an egg Mcmuffin hanging out of your mouth.

I almost always eat before I get to work. Only time I eat when I get to work is when I'm dragging a$$. :lol2: Which is probably why it bugs you Bigfoot. :)

Bigfoot":q51ew04i said:
I ain't had a rant in while. I have several, that come in every morning, with their breakfast in hand. It kinda gripes me. It sends a message. It doesn't really slow anything down, it just says a lot about the person (to me anyways). I'm of a mind, you should get up, get ready, eat, and hit the door ready to take on the day or face the challenge. You don't exactly look prepared to take the world, with an egg Mcmuffin hanging out of your mouth.

X2
HEY WE AINT HERE FOR A ****IN PICNIC

I don't like it. I learned the hard way, in a federal workplace, best to pick your battles if you want to win the war.

In my business it's not a major deal. Typically some vendor will bring donuts once per week I routinely stop and pick up a couple dozen sausage biscuits , I have customers that show up every morning for coffee so the days I have some biscuits we set around talk about current events drink coffee and eat.

M-5":f42ygx5q said:
In my business it's not a major deal. Typically some vendor will bring donuts once per week I routinely stop and pick up a couple dozen sausage biscuits , I have customers that show up every morning for coffee so the days I have some biscuits we set around talk about current events drink coffee and eat.

My first stop every morning I bring breakfast
Never been thrown out of a place yet.
They even look forward to me coming by :D
Edit
But most places they get there early before they open
We eat and have coffee and shoot the ****.
Then they open for business and we go to work

It's hard to eat biscuits and gravy when a 350# pig is trying to fly over a 3' sorting board, that you're standing behind.

I'm all for eating breakfast and drinking coffee at work. As long as you get there before starting time, we will stand around and eat, drink, and shoot the breeze. But when it's time to start, then you're on my time, and like fence said..... This ain't no picnic.

I told my guys (6 of them) not long ago "if every one of you 'beats' me out of 15 minutes a day, in a years time that equals $4,000." Adds up quick. More about ethics and respect than money.

We had a cafeteria inside of the plant. One supervisor would have his little bunch of workers show up an hour early so he could lay out the day before work while eating breakfast together. This way he was getting an extra hour of work from them each day.

hurleyjd":1znsefq7 said:
We had a cafeteria inside of the plant. One supervisor would have his little bunch of workers show up an hour early so he could lay out the day before work while eating breakfast together. This way he was getting an extra hour of work from them each day.

That was pretty clever.

Im with you Bigfoot. I work with some folks that drag in about 20 minutes late every day. Then they cook there breakfast in the microwave and spend 20 -30 minutes enjoying their breakfast and coffee. We all work for the government and I don't write the checks but boy it gets under my skin. Just the principal of it. Not how I was raised.

Cross-7":zo8adwg5 said:
M-5":zo8adwg5 said:

My first stop every morning I bring breakfast
Never been thrown out of a place yet.
They even look forward to me coming by :D
Edit
But most places they get there early before they open
We eat and have coffee and shoot the be nice.
Then they open for business and we go to work
But you're in outside sales (I think). It gets to the point they expect it from you. A bit different. I can't stand people that walk in to work eating or sit down at their desk and commence to put on their make-up....and being late is my big pet peeve....it's disgraceful and disrespectful to your fellow employees. If you're going to work for me walk in the door ready to go to work. You can have your biscuit when "break time" comes. And get up early enough to put your makeup on at home....then arrive on time.

The one that kills me is the people at my work that, after they clock in, go next door (usually after 8:30) to the cafeteria and get breakfast. How the he// does that work? Where is management on that one?

I car pooled with a guy for a short time. He was late every day by about 10 or 15 minutes. I said something about it and he replied that it didn't matter. Well it didn't matter to him. It did to me. I had a lot of years working in the woods where the crew bus would stop to pick you up, if you weren't there they just drove on. They didn't wait 2 seconds for you. About the second time that happened you would be looking for a job somewhere else. My Dad ran a plywood mill for years. I often heard him say, "if I got by without you at 7:00, I don't need at 7:10." He didn't except excuses. Heck, to him a flat tire wasn't a good reason for being late.

To tell the truth we don't really eat lunch either.
It's not mandatory, but I've never had a employee who didn't like it.
If you want to sit down and set up a spread, your welcome to it. I'm going to take lunch hour out of your check though.
Or you can stuff down a sandwich standing up and get right back to it, no lunch hour.
My guys love it. They clock in at 7:00 get their 8 hours and get off in time to crawl in a deer stand.

Latest posts