Eared steers

Help Support CattleToday:

$1.64.
(And, The chicken and dumplins at Livingston are pretty good!)
"Location=Upper Texas Gulf Coast"....that's a pretty good ways from Livingston..

Ones like that around here anyway, didn't bring as much as the others last few sales I've seen em at anyway. (Black and Red angus based)

Your much farther south. I'll be interested in what they actually do!

Edited to add...
The black ones I sold last fall sold for 2 bucks/lb. Maybe not as much ear tho. But definitely some ear.

Ones like that around here anyway, didn't bring as much as the others last few sales I've seen em at anyway. (Black and Red angus based)

Your much farther south. I'll be interested in what they actually do!

Edited to add...
The black ones I sold last fall sold for 2 bucks/lb. Maybe not as much ear tho. But definitely some ear.
that's what I'm scared of all the ear. I will definitely update when I get the check.

We have a small operation so this will most likely determine the type of bull we run with our cows.

that's what I'm scared of all the ear. I will definitely update when I get the check.

We have a small operation so this will most likely determine the type of bull we run with our cows.
They look like nice animals!

I love a touch of ear. Around here I gotta moderate it a bit.

I hope they do extra well for you! Its always nice to raise what you like...

Bank failure? I live in a cave. What's up?
Some Silicone Valley Bank (I think that was its actual name) failed, and the feds closed it down last Friday. Second largest bank failure ever, and they say there won't be a bail-out. The fed left bidding open for other banks to come in and buy it out until some time today, but will that happen? Of course the bank paid out bonuses just before it was closed.

A can of worms...

We're in the Huffman/Dayton TX area!! Like an hour away from Livingston. I just never know what to put for location 😅
I grew up in Highlands, hauled hay for a friend of my father's from a place in Huffman. Cecil Singleton..he's been dead for many years now.

I lived just a few miles North of Cleveland until about this time last year and bought and sold some at Livingston.

My nephew (retired Baytown police officer) lives in Dayton. I always tried to go to the Dayton Fair and Rodeo.

For some reason food and beer do taste better after dropping off cattle!! 🍻

About 40 years ago I'd ride along with a couple of older men when taking cattle to the sale at Hockley (it's been closed for probably 30 years now). There was a little cafe close to the auction that had beer, and served a pretty good chicken fried steak, so we'd go there for lunch, then go watch the sale, and bring the check home.

Thanks to the full stomach and a couple of beers I dozed off a time or two and woke up just in time to hear the auctioneer say "Oh, that man's not bidding. He's sleeping."

Latest posts