Eared steers

Help Support CattleToday:

Prettiest heifer I ever had came from O'Brian Limousine in SW Missouri when they were crossing with different breeds to show how limo crosses performed. She was a Brahmousin and she was AWESOME. Her first calf was one of my Belgian Blue experiments and he dressed out at an unbelievable number. I'd take as many like her as I could get...
Back in the late 80's early 90's when I was in the registered cattle scene, used to go to the KY state fair and the North American, always thought to my self the Limousins were the best looking animals at the shows, those old red ones anyways. They were some good thick cattle with the best rear ends in the business. I love Brahmans and Brahman crosses too, but like I said I never could get a fast enough look at those Brahmousins.

Back in the late 80's early 90's when I was in the registered cattle scene, used to go to the KY state fair and the North American, always thought to my self the Limousins were the best looking animals at the shows, those old red ones anyways. They were some good thick cattle with the best rear ends in the business. I love Brahmans and Brahman crosses too, but like I said I never could get a fast enough look at those Brahmousins.
LOL... Yeah, some of the brahman crosses do seem to get the holys**t gene. But then so do the purebreds. I had a big (1600) old (ten years) Char cow that could clear a five foot gate without touching it from a standing start.

LOL... Yeah, some of the brahman crosses do seem to get the holys**t gene. But then so do the purebreds. I had a big (1600) old (ten years) Char cow that could clear a five foot gate without touching it from a standing start.
We haven't had many Brahman crosses, but the ones we have had were all fairly calm, until they would get riled up in the working chute. When they came out of the head gate you better not be in front anywhere in front of them without a place to go. Then after a little while of simmering down it was back to normal.
I've had a close to 6' 2500# Charolais bull and a 2300# Angus bull that could clear a fence. Most of the others at that that size just pushed or walked it down if they wanted over.
Our most recent fence jumper which earned that name Fence Jumper was a commercial black cow likely a Limousin or a Lim cross that when we moved the cows to a new pasture jumped two fences to get back. She had another fence jumping incident or two that led to her culling.

You made the hair stand up on the back of my kneck. We tried a Limousin bull one time across Brahmans X cows and it was a train wreck.
How long ago was that? The limousins had that flighty rep back in the 70s but they've had lots of it bred out nowadays.

Houston Cutter, at one time (I think it was) Livingston that had a policy of not paying the seller until the buyer picked up and paid. Wherever it was, I had sold on a weekend and called the next Monday to tell them I was coming by pick up my check and was told I couldn't because the buyer hadn't paid yet. I went by anyway and insisted they give my damn check. (May have been Navasota or Crockett.)

Latest posts