Dwarf?

Help Support CattleToday:

Calm down people, he cant physically mount a heifer. I have watched him on numerous occasions and he cant keep his balance due to his body structure and he just falls down and then follows them around until he gets tired and bored and lays down. He is a lot more physically challenged than a photograph shows. His joints are starting to show signs of growth, so I'm not sure he will be able to get around too well in a year or two. I didn't castrate him at birth because I have 250 head on 700+ acres and I work full time as an engineer, so I get them when I can on routine roundups when I can get a buddy to help. This was a retirement project so I was building a herd so I could retire in about 5 years, but that may be mute now that the land may be sold. I am doing a lot of things half assed until I can get retired and working it full time like a herd that size really requires. It kind of blew up on me because I was assuming one of my kids would get interested. Well, that didn't happen, so I am now trying to take care of a herd, part-time by myself.

Latest posts