stunted or dwarf calf/cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I was reading about dwarf cows/calfs and iam a little lost.i THOUGHTthat a couple of my calfs that just didnt grow. might have been stunted by maybe not enough milk/feed
here's :?: my question before the wise broad do stunted calfs ever grow out of it.

wyoming_cowboy":6l5f14ss said:
I was reading about dwarf cows/calfs and iam a little lost.i THOUGHTthat a couple of my calfs that just didnt grow. might have been stunted by maybe not enough milk/feed
here's :?: my question before the wise broad do stunted calfs ever grow out of it.

I would say that no a stunted animal wouldn't grow out of it. At least not completely, because they are usually stunted at a very young age where bones are developing and the growth plates are starting to close.

wyoming_cowboy":ubj4x946 said:

That depends on a lot of things - genetics, how badly they were stunted, when the problem was caught and rectified, how the problem was rectified, and the calf. Generally speaking, however, stunted calves will probably not do as well as they would have had the situation not occured. But, for every rule there is the exception. I'm not trying to be ambiguous here, but you didn't provide much information. By the way, what part of Wyoming do you live in?

Latest posts