dwarf cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

I've got a charlois cross steer that bought about 6 months ago. He's about 9 months old now and weighs about 350#. 3 month old calves tower above him. The kids have made such a pet out of him I guess he'll just be a hay burning pet. It ain't much worse than feeding a big billy goat. :lol:

ctlbaron":3ftuxbau said:
I've got a charlois cross steer that bought about 6 months ago. He's about 9 months old now and weighs about 350#. The kids have made such a pet out of him I guess he'll just be a hay burning pet. It ain't much worse than feeding a big billy goat. :lol:
Even better, he won't jump up on the hood of your truck,or eat all the flowers in the yard.

sheliacasto":b5t4404y said:
I wOn October 1, I had a hereford/angus cow deliver a bull calf that weighed 30 pounds. He is nursing, appears normal and the vet says he is a dwarf. His father was an angus. Does this make him worth more or less on the market?.
He is a dwarf. He is worth a lot less on the market. Almost nothing.

Has any one had any meat from dwarf cattle? Is it the same, better, worse, I would imagine that it would me that same but I don't know. Thanks Kaneranch

kaneranch":dv2q33gl said:
Has any one had any meat from dwarf cattle? Is it the same, better, worse, I would imagine that it would me that same but I don't know. Thanks Kaneranch
Same as other cattle of same breed.. If Angus or Hereford it would be better than Brahman.

The same in flavor and texture as any other of the same age. But the muscle cuts are sos small that grinding the whole thing makes sense.

dun

Here's a picture of a dwarf we had last winter. We don't interbreed. The cow and calf were sold.
bif

dwarf1.jpg

Ain't she an ugly thing? And she was about 5 or 6 months old here in this picture. I kept looking at that calf thinking , "man, that calf just Ain't growing!" as she grew older she just got uglier and uglier! her hair is what was the worst feature. We took her to the sale barn and the guy said "just how old is that calf!?" :lol:

Latest posts