Dung Beetles Got Busy

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We had a little over one half inch of rain, a few days ago, and it did moisten up the soil a few inches on top. When the soil becomes moist, it makes the Dung beetles become active and I saw more mounds around the patties afterwards. They were pulling the manure down and it was dissappearing as they were cleaining up behind the cows. In between the rains, that I wished we had, I would like to see light showers come, to keep the soil moist so the dung beetles could continue this cycle, before the cows come back to graze again.

Also, I wish that the next post hole I dig, I would hit a vein of gold, and could afford to put in a three phase irrigation system for the hay field, a new tractor, hay baler, etc............................... :banana:
Chuckie

Chuckie":2l0ediwr said:
We had a little over one half inch of rain, a few days ago, and it did moisten up the soil a few inches on top. When the soil becomes moist, it makes the Dung beetles become active and I saw more mounds around the patties afterwards. They were pulling the manure down and it was dissappearing as they were cleaining up behind the cows. In between the rains, that I wished we had, I would like to see light showers come, to keep the soil moist so the dung beetles could continue this cycle, before the cows come back to graze again.

Also, I wish that the next post hole I dig, I would hit a vein of gold, and could afford to put in a three phase irrigation system for the hay field, a new tractor, hay baler, etc............................... :banana:
Chuckie
When I hit a vein of gold you want see me anywhere but on the Riviera. :wave: :banana:

TexasBred":22hhwgl5 said:
Chuckie":22hhwgl5 said:

Chuckie
When I hit a vein of gold you want see me anywhere but on the Riviera. :wave: :banana:

Who you tryin to kid. You'd be just as dumb as the rest of us and just go out and blow it on cattle or the trinkets to use on cattle. :lol2:

I thought about that earlier, when I was considering spending my hard earned money from hand digging a post hole, and striking gold. Did I really want to spend it on more cow doo-dads? Yes, I do!!! I am still having fun,I am still having fun learning. I still wish I had an irrigation system in the hay field. Then a new hay baler, and a nice used tractor. I would like to have an addition to the barn where I could put my chute and working system under roof to AI the cows. This is the first year that I am going to get to do this. I am really looking forward to it, and it would be nice to go forward without worries. I want to keep it simple, but very usable.
Chuckie

Latest posts