Dumb and dead

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook don't let what some here have to say about this bother you. If you own cows you will lose one sooner or later. If they needed a babysitter I wouldn't own one. They're be nice cows, not my kids.

djinwa":1y3js1ro said:
Regarding the rat shot, I recall some years ago a cowboy saying the only way to get cattle out of the brush was with a shotgun.

Which of course results in lead in the beef, which resulted in Korea banning our beef......

Anyway, we often think the way we're doing things is the only way it can be done, but somehow years later we're doing it differently.

Surely the cowboys of 50 years ago would laugh at the gentler handling methods of today.

Doesn't hurt to look at criticism and see if one can make improvements.

When catlle wont push with a chopper you drop a guy down with rat shot on foot to encourage them. Korea can kiss my butt. When they are ready to pay for cattle being handled their way I will gladly implement it immediatly.... As soon as the first check clears. ;-)

Brute 23":459ahknz said:
djinwa":459ahknz said:
Regarding the rat shot, I recall some years ago a cowboy saying the only way to get cattle out of the brush was with a shotgun.

Which of course results in lead in the beef, which resulted in Korea banning our beef......

Anyway, we often think the way we're doing things is the only way it can be done, but somehow years later we're doing it differently.

Surely the cowboys of 50 years ago would laugh at the gentler handling methods of today.

Doesn't hurt to look at criticism and see if one can make improvements.

When catlle wont push with a chopper you drop a guy down with rat shot on foot to encourage them. Korea can kiss my butt. When they are ready to pay for cattle being handled their way I will gladly implement it immediatly.... As soon as the first check clears. ;-)
id like to feed em some lead the old fashion way :cowboy:

Ten pages and growing. One thing about it, this thread isn't dead yet....... although it should be.

I have chased a perfectly healthy cow out of my way at 9:00 PM and found her dead at 6:00 AM the next morning. And I have had cows out in the hills that I haven't seen in a month all survive. There is just no telling what tomorrow will bring. And despite our best efforts we can't kill 'em all.

10 pages and still going strong. Hook can sure stir the pot. I think he needs to give the cows a day off and go fishing. Hook the Kings are heading back north and they've been biting good the last week. Started in Palm Beach and caught this last limit in Fort pierce. And if you want to say the heck with it come on up and go turkey hunting this weekend. PM me if your coming hunting.Good luck and don't kill anymore of your cows.

I caught a 7lb channel cat out of my pond Sunday evening Hook. I'd have more of 'em and bigger ones if I could ever find someone willing to fish down the bass population. Them big mouths eat everything that moves.

denvermartinfarms":1vgxvmn5 said:
You would rather have the channels than bass?
for the sport id rather have bass,,,,but the catfish for eating anyday.. infact for my last meal, i want all i can eat catfish, slaw and hershpuppies :cowboy:

Dave":2oogypa9 said:
Ten pages and growing. One thing about it, this thread isn't dead yet....... although it should be.

I have chased a perfectly healthy cow out of my way at 9:00 PM and found her dead at 6:00 AM the next morning. And I have had cows out in the hills that I haven't seen in a month all survive. There is just no telling what tomorrow will bring. And despite our best efforts we can't kill 'em all.

Absolutely.

It is a worse feeling when they die right there in front of you. You are doing everything possible and fail. It is a bad feeling. Think I rather leave at 9 and find them the next morning.

Told myself I wasn't getting back in to this thread and here I am. :help:

For me in this order it is walleye, crappie, and spotted bass out of good cold water for eating. We never eat a smallmouth but we do eat some largemouths.

greybeard":1wt1lhui said:
I caught a 7lb channel cat out of my pond Sunday evening Hook. I'd have more of 'em and bigger ones if I could ever find someone willing to fish down the bass population. Them big mouths eat everything that moves.
You're sure right about the big mouths. But the big mouths that have cleaned out all th bass, crappie and bluegills are channel cats

Hey, if nothing else im good for driving traffic to the site. I think Macon owes me a ct hat or something

hooknline":1goz7da2 said:
Hey, if nothing else im good for driving traffic to the site. I think Macon owes me a ct hat or something
You've done very well at drawing all the good fellows out of the wood works. Just need Gassy, and Medicine Women, and we might have a new record. :lol2:

hooknline":3owpdcr2 said:

I didn't know that Macon gave away hats........ I want one too. It is no fair if you get a hat and I don't!!!!! :cry2:

tater74":1h5nf3zt said:
I'm surprised Sir Loin hasn't jumped all over you for providing inadequate shelter.
Too much sulfur made her go to the mud up looking for minerals that they couldn't find in the loose mineral dun feeder.

Latest posts