DST ends

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm staying on DST for another couple weeks until it gets really cold out, then I'll switch... just have to remember the difference when I need to do something involving business or other people.

Nesikep, when you're self-employed like we are who needs a watch. I've lived most of my life by the moon and sun. But I do feel for the folks with a real job. Because a lot of days there's not enough daylight to get what needs to be done, done.

When we owned a dairy we never changed the clock. Just too much confusion trying to get the hands and 400 cows to adjust their habits.

Overheard a conversation at work today about DST. One feller claimed it was created for the farmers so they could have more daylight hours in a day to raise their crops. I just shook my head.

I hate time change either way with a passion. My first stop starts milking before the time changes but everyone after starts after so my schedule flies out the window and they ALL expect me to be there within five minutes of when they're used to seeing me.
It takes about two weeks for everyone to get used to my new arrival time.

Latest posts