DST ends

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
A friend tells me that Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend. Is that true?
could we be so blessed?
DST is the devils tool, when you live on the western edge of a time zone. Mitch Daniels was a good governor, 2 terms, but when a man is so wrong on one issue you wonder how smart he really is.

john250":1qaz76up said:
A friend tells me that Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend. Is that true?
could we be so blessed?
DST is the devils tool, when you live on the western edge of a time zone. Mitch Daniels was a good governor, 2 terms, but when a man is so wrong on one issue you wonder how smart he really is.
I hate to see it end, for me working full time it gives me less daylight to get things done. If I farmed full time it would make no difference.

I hate DST. Getting up at 4:30-5am everyday, just to have to wait till 7 before Ra the sun god starts driving his chariot of fire across the sky irritates the heck out of me.

tom4018":3r6r4q7z said:
I hate to see it end, for me working full time it gives me less daylight to get things done. If I farmed full time it would make no difference.

x2. I hate feeding cows in the dark.

I wish they would pick one also. But when you live on the eastern edge of central time zone. Late November it will be dark at 430 pm

highgrit":10pe1ppl said:
I don't care for DST myself, but I can see where it helps the folks that work 8-5.

I used to hate it when I had a job because I hated getting home at dark, then having to do everything outside with a light.

When I worked I loved it....I could get off work, hook up the boat and fish for 4 hours after work. Even now I think I prefer the getting dark later best whether I have anythign to do or not. I get up early anyway so it doesn't matter what time the sun comes up.

Jogeephus":2gdx8bfm said:
Who is our Time Czar this year? Surely we have one don't we?
Probably should as we are going to have one for everything, guess we need one to tell us what time it is.

tom4018":2qn5uo65 said:
Jogeephus":2qn5uo65 said:
Who is our Time Czar this year? Surely we have one don't we?
Probably should as we are going to have one for everything, guess we need one to tell us what time it is.

I bet its a high paying job too. Probably with its own bureaucracy of time watchers.

Noon should track, as closely as possible, with the Suns high point in the sky. The science is settled on this. 97% of scientists agree. During DST, in Indiana, the sun is highest at about 2:30 pm. The time maps aren't very good.

TexasBred":g0p5ku0y said:
When I worked I loved it....I could get off work, hook up the boat and fish for 4 hours after work. Even now I think I prefer the getting dark later best whether I have anythign to do or not. I get up early anyway so it doesn't matter what time the sun comes up.
So do I (get up early) but almost everything I NEED to do requires daylight--there ain't no streetlamps out on the fencelines or in the middle of the pastures.

greybeard":18ypzbo2 said:
TexasBred":18ypzbo2 said:
So do I (get up early) but almost everything I NEED to do requires daylight--there ain't no streetlamps out on the fencelines or in the middle of the pastures.
Yep....but those fencing ain't going anywhere....sit on the back porch in the dark and enjoy an extra cup of coffee. ;-)

one day in and I'm ready for DST again. 5pm yesterday it was dark. had a wheel bearing go out on my tractor (it has to be fixed tonight) wifes car battery died and I have to replace it tonight. im glad I've got good lights.

don't get me started on the weather - it was cold as heck Saturday with the wind blowing 90mph- I'm thinking I may have to move south for the winter.

Latest posts