Drugs on board..

Help Support CattleToday:

Well we have baytril and draxxin some banamine along with scour pills penicillin and some oxytetricyclin. We use to keep nuflor but it didnt seem to work to well but we also have some electrolytes too. But we try to keep some pneamonia drugs around in the summer since that is when we have most of are problems with it. But it is a good idea to keep some on hand i remember when we were first getting started an we didnt always have the neccessary drugs around an the vets were usually closed by the time that we saw the calves that were sick so ya i would definately keep some on hand its better to be safe than sorry

alan - good point on the colostrum!
I usually try to milk out any cow that loses a calf and freeze it back - but I've just about deleted that supply, so bought two bags of colostrum replacer and have them in the freezer. If you need it, you need it NOW.
But...be sure you go ahead and spend the $$$ to get a good quality colostrum REPLACER, not just a cheap colostrum SUPPLEMENT.

I try to keep a good amount of draxxin, baytril and zuprevo on hand, I also keep some LA 200 but it always go's bad before I use it. It depends in your operation as to what you need to keep. For anyone that wants to make an investment in something that can save you money and alot of stress on a sick animal buy a dart gun to have around.

Why have la200 instead of la300? Just wondering, I thought was about the same except the la300 stayed in system longer
. I will probably wish I had googled this instead of asking :oops:
I keep la300, epinephrine, had some 6 year old calf boluses, threw them away before I read about Duns forty year old bottle...
Also keep covexin8 and cattlegard. colostrum in freezer.

danl":2li6vycq said:
Why have la200 instead of la300? Just wondering, I thought was about the same except the la300 stayed in system longer
. I will probably wish I had googled this instead of asking :oops:
I keep la300, epinephrine, had some 6 year old calf boluses, threw them away before I read about Duns forty year old bottle...
Also keep covexin8 and cattlegard. colostrum in freezer.

LA 300 is more expensive, and the only difference as far as I know is less dilution, so it requires fewer injections per treatment.

Latest posts