Drilling - What A Find!

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Below are pictures of a totally handmade "Miller & Val Griess" double barreled shotgun with a 6mm bore rifle nestled between and under the two barrels. Called a "Drilling". Shot the photos on the tailgate of my truck...so they are not too good. The hand engraving is impeccable and outstanding. Haven't had time to do a chamber casting of the rifle barrel yet but it's some sort of rimmed rifle cartridge.

Best I can tell it was made between 1890 to 1900 in Munich Germany. The maker's name is engraved on the barrel.... Carl Backmund.
drilling1.jpg

drilling2.jpg

drilling3.jpg

drilling4.jpg

drilling5.jpg

Dun. You like?

That is a terrific find.

Beware the barrel - it is quite likely Damascus - so black powder and / or cordite are quite likely the "used to be" loads. And soft loads by todays standard.

It will quite possibly still be in shootable condition - just use the correct "push powder".

Very nice,

Bez>

Bez>":36h1onnr said:
That is a terrific find.

Beware the barrel - it is quite likely Damascus - so black powder and / or cordite are quite likely the "used to be" loads. And soft loads by todays standard.

It will quite possibly still be in shootable condition - just use the correct "push powder".

Very nice,

Bez>

Not Damascus. Krupp Fluid Steel Barrel. Totally forged.

Get a load of this! It will even shoot 3" shotshells! How's that for forward thinking gun building!

MikeC":kxhsy6ju said:
Bez>":kxhsy6ju said:
That is a terrific find.

Very nice,

Bez>

Get a load of this! It will even shoot 3" shotshells! How's that for forward thinking gun building!

Well, I think you better send it to me for some NDT and let me evaluate the projected value of this firearm through the Scotland sporting association - after all, they do shoot a fair amount of upland there - all driven birds.

When can I expect delivery? 8)

Bez>

Bez>":1yd2icsu said:
MikeC":1yd2icsu said:
Bez>":1yd2icsu said:
That is a terrific find.

Very nice,

Bez>

Well, I think you better send it to me for some NDT and let me evaluate the projected value of this firearm through the Scotland sporting association - after all, they do shoot a fair amount of upland there - all driven birds.

Bez>

:lol: It might be easier to bring a "Fighter Jet" across the border...............................

MikeC":243qng63 said:
Bez>":243qng63 said:
MikeC":243qng63 said:
Bez>":243qng63 said:
That is a terrific find.

Very nice,

Bez>

Bez>

:lol: It might be easier to bring a "Fighter Jet" across the border...............................

From personal experience I know that to be true - even when armed to the teeth the jet is easier to transport than a simple shotgun.

Bez>

Latest posts