DR World Class 517

Help Support CattleToday:

Campground Cattle":3szt6ru6 said:
Muratic":3szt6ru6 said:
Arnold Ziffle":3szt6ru6 said:
El Putzo ---- I have a funny feeling that Muratic might want to offer a comment about that bull. We'll see. :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This is not the original post that was here. Yes, I saw the one that started out in it's place.

I want to publically appologize to Campground Cattle for my childish remarks about his cattle. I also owe TR an appology of the same manner.
Camp's cattle are fine looking, sound critters. I wish I had half the knowledge he has and as few calving problems. I suppose if I spent as much time researching the hereford breed as I spent bashing a good herd I would be better off. SO, I am here to recant my earlier comments(even though most of them were camp's). I am not, however, going to remove my origional post. That will explain what is going on here. (and maybe some folks will need a chuckle)

Now, Caustic, eat your heart out!!!! At least I am man enough to admit when I am wrong.

I understand Camp's point about certain traits showing up overnight. Having said that, I'm not sure if some of those characteristics have not been available all along in certain bloodlines. There is the fact of selective breeding for various traits.

I also believe that for one reason or another at times there has been cheating. Having said THAT, I can't understand why anyone would want to. If I want to raise Herefords, I have no desire to raise crossbreds.

The oldtimers say that the excessive white comes with linebreeding in certain bloodlines.

I think the Hereford debate that we've been having over what is acceptable in markings or not has gotten to the place that we are beating a dead horse.

greenwillowherefords":3vf50fhz said:
The oldtimers say that the excessive white comes with linebreeding in certain bloodlines.

Green willow, this is the result of too much Buckshot:
sparkles.jpg
[/img]
I have every right to register this heifer (which by the way was weaned this morning at 565 lbs.) but I will not. If retained, she will become part of the commercial herd. And probably be a recip mamma in a few years.

Certherf: If you decide that little white calf is not what you like, I'll adopt her, I'm colorblind anyway! That is of course if your giving her away :lol:

Nice looking cow too. I assume that's her mama standing there.

El_Putzo":2395mslx said:
Certherf: If you decide that little white calf is not what you like, I'll adopt her, I'm colorblind anyway! That is of course if your giving her away :lol:

Her name is "Sparkles". Compliments of a 4yr old. And it looks like you will have to fight her for that little white calf. :lol:
She should throw some decient simmy cross calves (I hope)
El_Putzo":2395mslx said:
Nice looking cow too. I assume that's her mama standing there.
Thanks El_Putzo, Yep that is her mamma. "Sparkles" is her 2nd calf. Her hooves have since been trimmed. And honest...she doesn't walk that far down hill all the time!!!

That is a very appropriate name.

I've been pondering what I will call my first registered hereford calves. Maybe I should let my 7 year old niece name them, she's pretty creative.

We have had a commercial herd of Herefords since the early 1900's. Never crossed with anything else.

We have herfords with Black nose, black pigment around eyes, in the tail. We have Herefords that are red to the ground, no feather of white, and goggle eyes that are 6-8 inches across.

We have also had lineback, although we got rid of them.

Herefords can come in a wide range of red's, so to just look at one and say Simmental shows how litle one has traveled.

mtnman

El_Putzo":2f3rbwhz said:
I've been pondering what I will call my first registered hereford calves.

For the most part we name according to that years letter. Last year was the letter 'P' they all got names that started with a p. This year is 'R'.

Then there are the kids calves...anything goes there. The only given is the color of the tag and the number. All those Domeniette's and Markeete's out there drive me nuts! Origionallity is good, and it seems eaiser with 3 kids!!!

mtnman":142nbjqf said:
We have had a commercial herd of Herefords since the early 1900's. Never crossed with anything else.

We have herfords with Black nose, black pigment around eyes, in the tail. We have Herefords that are red to the ground, no feather of white, and goggle eyes that are 6-8 inches across.

Herefords can come in a wide range of red's, so to just look at one and say Simmental shows how litle one has traveled.

mtnman

Very well said!

dun

dun":a37yjszl said:
mtnman":a37yjszl said:

mtnman

Very well said!

dun
Commerical Herefords kinda says it all no tellin what someone put in there.
You just never know how many rats are in the corn crib until it catches on fire. Of course Dun thats yours and Mtnmans Opinion and they stink as bad as mine. As bad as mine stinks is I don't have one on every subject.

Caustic Burno":3q2vhlsd said:
Commerical Herefords kinda says it all no tellin what someone put in there.
You just never know how many rats are in the corn crib until it catches on fire. Of course Dun thats yours and Mtnmans Opinion and they stink as bad as mine. As bad as mine stinks is I don't have one on every subject.

In many cases commercial just means they haven't bothered to keep up the registration. Even though most of our cows are registered or out of registered cows sired by registered bulls, we don't waste the money of keeping everything current.

dun

Muratic":kereh1hr said:
Arnold Ziffle":kereh1hr said:
El Putzo ---- I have a funny feeling that Muratic might want to offer a comment about that bull. We'll see. :lol:

I sure do AZ!!

DRWorldClass517.jpg

I see no "mane" on this bull Camp. The red goes almost clear to the hoof. And there is a noticable pigment on his eye.

Campground Cattle":kereh1hr said:
Looks like decent lines I like the Feltons
I will agree with you on the Feltons 517 as a good line.
I have quite a bit of Feltons 517 in my herd I really like that line almost as well as the Braxton
Simmi has been in the woodpile.
I am a Hereford man. Nuff Said.

Ferdinand D Bull":kereh1hr said:
Feltons bull looks like a Simmental. Imagine that.

OH common Camp. Just tell us what you think. No need to disquise your voice. We all know that is you there dear.

OOPS. One more thing...
Them Victors look good thought I could breed them up with some Braxton. ;-)
Why do that? So they can look like this? (no offence TR, she is "painted" pretty!!)
WeekEnd02-02-05018.jpg
Someone else talkin' to themselves :?:

certherfbeef":19ydzqg6 said:
El_Putzo":19ydzqg6 said:
I've been pondering what I will call my first registered hereford calves.

For the most part we name according to that years letter. Last year was the letter 'P' they all got names that started with a p. This year is 'R'.

Then there are the kids calves...anything goes there. The only given is the color of the tag and the number. All those Domeniette's and Markeete's out there drive me nuts! Origionallity is good, and it seems eaiser with 3 kids!!!

I love making up new names. The Tone family tree makes for some good ones. TSG Muscle Tone was a bull calf sold last year.

Mtnmn is right. BTW, I think the reason that some Sims look like Herefords is that like Cert said in another thread, many people bred their purebred Hereford herds into fullblood Sim herds. At least the AHA doesn't allow that type of activity knowingly, that is breeding "up" another breed into the fold. If anyone wanted to attack Angus the way they savage Herefords, you could ask why some have bits of white ;-) underneath. ;-) ;-) ;-)

greenwillowherefords":1xn8jvsz said:
frenchie":1xn8jvsz said:
Greenwillow...many people bred their purebred Hereford herds into fullblood Sim herds

Don,t think so. Bred up to purebred maybe :?:

That's what I meant. Got the words backward. :oops:

Figured that.....At least Herefords have stayed Red.. unlike some other breeds..
Opps just about forgot about those Black Herefords

Latest posts