downed cow

Help Support CattleToday:

RedAngus121":3jxvrtle said:
Why Would you Fell Sorry. We had a Downed Cow. We Fixed it and now the cow is Bred.

So i dont Know Whats there to fell sorrry about.
I too feel sorry for your cow. Do you know how bad garlic burns in an open wound? Don't think there is any way you can convince me that garlic and butter in an incision in the tail is a cure for anything. There is a reason her tail fell off - and not a good one.

Farmhand":2737zpci said:
RedAngus121":2737zpci said:
Why Would you Fell Sorry. We had a Downed Cow. We Fixed it and now the cow is Bred.

I too feel sorry for your cow. Do you know how bad garlic burns in an open wound? Don't think there is any way you can convince me that garlic and butter in an incision in the tail is a cure for anything. There is a reason her tail fell off - and not a good one.

Works great for a marinade for flank steak though

dun

haha Very Funny Jokes ;-)
FarmPicutures723.jpg

See you Sours on there From Laying on a Lime For For about a 3 weeks. After We Did What you all think is a Joke. After Two Days We Lifted her up and slowy Let her Put peasure on her Feet.

Cutting a cows tail to put garlic in it? Do you really think the pain was necessary? I think hip lifting her was what did the trick and putting garlic in an open sore caused by you is inhumane. Plus look at her legs from being down. No excuse for that. Provide adequate bedding while a cow is down. This is one cow you should have just shot at the get go, it would have been better for her.

We Gave her a Shoot 1 Day After She Went Down. We Gave her 5 Days. She Didnt Move.

We Called My Grandpa In Ireland. He has Fix What he Calls Slip tail For Him And other People. The Cow was parilized. Before we Did the Garlic thing this Could Couldnt Stand Period. Then we Did it and We Did it and She is Up In the Pasture.

What Ever we Did it was Alot more Wise than Just Shooting the Poor Cow witch is Pretty Pain Full.

dun":2nmwrg4l said:
Farmhand":2nmwrg4l said:
RedAngus121":2nmwrg4l said:

dun

Yeah, but most people don't marinate on the hoof! :shock:

msscamp":3ibvknsl said:
dun":3ibvknsl said:
Farmhand":3ibvknsl said:
RedAngus121":3ibvknsl said:

dun

I never claimed to be a writing magician - but following this thread has been absolutely painfiul - does anyone ever proof read their writings before posting?

Interesting thread - just incredibly hard to read.

Bez!

Bez!":3rk9qn00 said:
msscamp":3rk9qn00 said:
dun":3rk9qn00 said:
Farmhand":3rk9qn00 said:
RedAngus121":3rk9qn00 said:

dun

I never claimed to be a writing magician - but following this thread has been absolutely painfiul - does anyone ever proof read their writings before posting?

Bez!

Creative English 101? Just a thought.

wow...this thread has travelled quite a bit. :)
Gone from a downed cow, learning how to roll a cow, float a cow, shoot the right cow, pay for the cow, garlic in a cut cow, tail-less, standing, formerly down, now bred cow, to requests for better English to write about your cow.

I'd just like to say....don't worry about it. If you have just finished your dissertation (ha ha, not sure I spelled it right!)
or still learning your ABC's, just keep writing! Some one will read it here. :cboy: ;-)

Learn and Enjoy.

LisaJoy

Bez!":2ayp446h said:
msscamp":2ayp446h said:
dun":2ayp446h said:
Farmhand":2ayp446h said:
RedAngus121":2ayp446h said:

dun

Bez!

Best thing I ever downloaded was the Google tool bar, blocks pop ups, and has the best spell check I have ever used. It will spell check anything you write in your browser. A must for an Okie living in Kansas that does not spell well.

chiefgriz":24xsynxb said:
Tihs itsn an elignsh corsae. See, you can eevn raed tihs whituot too mcuh tourlbe....

You know what? You're absolutely right - this isn't an English course. But if one wants a serious answer to a serious question, one better be able to phrase that question in a legible, understandable format. Not everyone has the time, patience or inclination to decipher what someone is trying to ask! Just a little food for thought.

msscamp":2z1nf96i said:
chiefgriz":2z1nf96i said:
Tihs itsn an elignsh corsae. See, you can eevn raed tihs whituot too mcuh tourlbe....

You know what? You're absolutely right - this isn't an English course. But if one wants a serious answer to a serious question, one better be able to phrase that question in a legible, understandable format. Not everyone has the time, patience or inclination to decipher what someone is trying to ask! Just a little food for thought.

And most important some of us less learned ones, start thinking we are the ones spelling the words wrong. And we start spelling them the same way. I do not need to spell any worse than I do already. :D :D

aplusmnt":20ywypvl said:
msscamp":20ywypvl said:
chiefgriz":20ywypvl said:

And most important some of us less learned ones, start thinking we are the ones spelling the words wrong. And we start spelling them the same way. I do not need to spell any worse than I do already. :D :D

Well, do you know what? I'm not the one with the spelling problem. I think it's a little petty to critisize people if they don't know any better. If you can read it and get the gist of it, why make comments.

chiefgriz":3jfq69be said:
Well, do you know what? I'm not the one with the spelling problem. I think it's a little petty to critisize people if they don't know any better. If you can read it and get the gist of it, why make comments.

I guess I am the guilty party - I started this by making a simple comment:

--------------------------------------------

Bez!

--------------------------------------------------------

I was following the thread but found I often had to literally read - several times - the same post. And then I had to guess at the meaning.

Seems to me that what I stated was accurate and was not a comment directed at anyone person in particular.

Anyone else ever have this problem? Anyone ever wonder why?

Call me an ***hole - or petty - for bringing it up if you like - but seems to me a quick check before sending it on its way is not a biggie.

Do not like what I stated? Tough tittie - but one thing for sure, I can get my point across without making you read it over and over.

Perhaps it is simply a sign of our educational system, or our apparent growing "lack of caring".

In the end it is important to at least get the point across. It is also important to be able to understand the point that is being made.

Believe it or not I actually do make an attempt - even after reading through the posts several times - to get the point being made. I am not always successful. I just find it frustrating at times.

If that means I am petty - so be it.

I have hijacked this thread enough.

Have a good one,

Bez!

Latest posts