Don't you just hate when....

Help Support CattleToday:

NMVaquero

Reaction score
IMG_20130509_175323_024_zpsd022b673.jpg

Dumbass.

I run into that alot in the oilfield business with several different locks on a gate. I have found that a 36" pipe wrench closed tightly around the body of a lock will twist that sucker right off.

ohiosteve":29frcys9 said:
I run into that alot in the oilfield business with several different locks on a gate. I have found that a 36" pipe wrench closed tightly around the body of a lock will twist that sucker right off.
Bolt cutters are so much easier

Red Bull Breeder":1yfil46c said:
Somebody would not have a lock next time they showed up.
Yep, the masterlock with the blue on the right of the picture. That's the one that unlocked then left you out on the re-lock.

NMVaquero":6dlcjln4 said:
Mine is the gold combo.
Isn't as bad as I made it out to be.

I had a right of way crew park their bobcats in my drive and then put a chain aroun dmy gate that I dotn close and lock me out once. They didnt even ask first. What really pissed me off is it was raining cats and dogs when I got home and I had to jump the gate and walk to the barn about 200 yards away to get a pair of bolt cutters to be able to get in my own driveway.

3MR":2s6txjfa said:
NMVaquero":2s6txjfa said:
Mine is the gold combo.
Isn't as bad as I made it out to be.

I had a right of way crew park their bobcats in my drive and then put a chain aroun dmy gate that I dotn close and lock me out once. They didnt even ask first. What really be nice me off is it was raining cats and dogs when I got home and I had to jump the gate and walk to the barn about 200 yards away to get a pair of bolt cutters to be able to get in my own driveway.

After all that I would have took the chain and lock and welded it to there bobcat somewhere let them try to get that off...

That is a pet peeve of mine. I keep a set of bolt cutters in the bed of my truck just for this reason. First though, if you take a hammer and hit that masterlock lock on its edge with a good whack it will come open and you can even lock it back. You need to hit it on the side that is not fixed though and determining this is sometimes hard but it works as long as its not hanging loose.

Latest posts