Don't know how much longer

Help Support CattleToday:

CB,
Your a smart man for asking all those questions. too many times people just take the advice of a doc or others and do as they say and regret it later.
find out as much as you can and make a decision based on that.
Life IS what we put into it.. and most all of us put in hard work, and get the rewards as well as the pains.

Caustic, I am sorry for your pain as it changes your life. I will say a prayer for you, and concentrate on getting to the other side of it. They have many procedures that correct spinal problems and you can reach the other side.

If you have a friend that is an RN at a hospital, ask what doctor they would use. The nurses aren't supposed to give this advice in a hospital, but a friend will. Find someone who knows as this will be so important.

Not all doctors are equal.

CB, we may just run into each other soon. I am heading to Houston to have a cystic tumor removed from my throat. If we run into each other at the hospital I've got your back and will do whatever it takes to help.

I have had a little experience with dumb as daddy's money doctors, too. Now is the time to become friendly with your insurance company. They have the hard data on all the doctors. Not everyone who graduates from med school is an A student.

JWBrahman":3953pu4m said:
CB, we may just run into each other soon. I am heading to Houston to have a cystic tumor removed from my throat. If we run into each other at the hospital I've got your back and will do whatever it takes to help.

I have had a little experience with dumb as daddy's money doctors, too. Now is the time to become friendly with your insurance company. They have the hard data on all the doctors. Not everyone who graduates from med school is an A student.

Have you been to the medical center before ?
If not get ready to come under attack and be mugged for parking fees.
It is a maze of hospitals and Dr.offices.
I will pray you have a speedy recovery.

CB, the healthcare system is the death of a thousand $20-$100 surprises. At least we have a first class facility that is reasonably close. Everybody in Louisiana drives to Houston.

Thank you for the kind wishes everyone.

Caustic Burno":fmsbfhel said:
I will be the president of Hobby Ranchers Anonymous.
Go in thursday for cervical epidural nerve blocks again.
They are only holding up a few months now.
Last weeks MRI has one disc pressing on the spinal column 5mm one 3.6 mm one at 3mm and the last of the four
out of 7 at 2mm.
So off to Houston and the Fondren Group and Methodist to discuss my options.

I want to make it perfectly clear that HRA is no way affiliated with
The Wantabbe Association.

Two weeks from today is my surgery. in the neck. Degenerative disc disease with broad disc bulge has resulted in canal and bilateral neural foraminal stenosis, according to the neurologist. He's telling me I should not be up walking. Spinal cord is touching bone, pinched in two places and skewed over in two places. He is not doing surgery to relieve my pains. He's doing it to prevent paralysis.

Tough getting old!

backhoeboogie":34tg7yam said:
Caustic Burno":34tg7yam said:
I will be the president of Hobby Ranchers Anonymous.
Go in thursday for cervical epidural nerve blocks again.
They are only holding up a few months now.
Last weeks MRI has one disc pressing on the spinal column 5mm one 3.6 mm one at 3mm and the last of the four
out of 7 at 2mm.
So off to Houston and the Fondren Group and Methodist to discuss my options.

I want to make it perfectly clear that HRA is no way affiliated with
The Wantabbe Association.

Two weeks from today is my surgery. in the neck. Degenerative disc disease with broad disc bulge has resulted in canal and bilateral neural foraminal stenosis, according to the neurologist. He's telling me I should not be up walking. Spinal cord is touching bone, pinched in two places and skewed over in two places. He is not doing surgery to relieve my pains. He's doing it to prevent paralysis.

Tough getting old!

They are going over my MRI's as I have been shot with everything with the only exception being a BB gun
Told me today my back is wore out. There are even talking about burning some nerves out.
I am in the same boat on the cervical as well. Nsaids have given me an ulcer and I can't take opiates.
Sitting here now with a neck brace eating steroids like M&M's
Good Luck Boogie as I can sympathize.

I wish the BOTH of you the best turn outs on your surgeries and such. Both of you be careful. I'd hate to be on these boards one day and read about how you two are now in worse shape.

Prayers for you.

What doc you seeing CB? I am seeing a Doctor Williamson at the Fondern Group. I have a disk that is out of place plus some bone spurs on the L4 and L5 from an injury I had as a teen where I fractured my spine. I am suppose to have surgery on Oct. 30 but fighting the dumb insurance they don't want to pay for it. I hate going to Houston and the parking prices are horrible. I hope you get help and get to feeling better. Good luck with your surgery Backhoe.

Thank for the well wishes folks.

Mine is the C5 to C6 and the C6 to C7 region. (In the neck). Will be in a neck brace for a couple of weeks. Talked to several folks who have had it done. Seems each one has a different experience.

Getting my hernia fixed 11/5/2014. New (to me) surgeon, but so far I really like her. Appears knowldgable and has a great sense of humor and explains everything. With my experience with the no personality heart doc it's really a bit of sunshine.

Good luck with it Dun. Hoping its just one getting repaired and its not too bad. Amazing how much you use some muscles.

backhoeboogie":2mb3y0rd said:
Good luck with it Dun. Hoping its just one getting repaired and its not too bad. Amazing how much you use some muscles.
It will sure be different then the last time. When I was 5 or 6 I had a double repaired. Back then you spent a week in the hospital, this is out patient surgery.

dun":1rs5kdpz said:
Getting my hernia fixed 11/5/2014. New (to me) surgeon, but so far I really like her. Appears knowldgable and has a great sense of humor and explains everything. With my experience with the no personality heart doc it's really a bit of sunshine.

What is it about cardiologists??

dun, good luck with your hernia surgery. I'm sure all will be well. Do as they tell you and give it time to heal.