Don't know how much longer

Help Support CattleToday:

Wishing you relief in hurry!

Don't let them talk you into any of that medical marijuana business. If that southern Oklahoma hippy in that microbus found out, he'd be down there in a jiffy and you might never get rid of him.

CB you've got my prayers as well. Keep the Faith and hang in there! A friend of ours has had a similar surgery to the ones that have been mentioned here and she was happy she did it. It worked out well for her.

Good luck and God speed.

Prayers from here for some relief for you, CB!

I figure even if you decide to sell out, you've earned the President role for as long as you want it!

I hope you get some relief from it CB. Not fun at all going thru that. friend of mine had two of them fused together last year, and he was in severe pain before, now he is doing great.
Good luck to ya buddy!

Caustic Burno":5hg3ky8m said:
I will be the president of Hobby Ranchers Anonymous.
Go in thursday for cervical epidural nerve blocks again.
They are only holding up a few months now.
Last weeks MRI has one disc pressing on the spinal column 5mm one 3.6 mm one at 3mm and the last of the four
out of 7 at 2mm.
So off to Houston and the Fondren Group and Methodist to discuss my options.

I want to make it perfectly clear that HRA is no way affiliated with
The Wantabbe Association.

Anybody that can find some humor among the pain has my sincere praise, and prayers. Keep us updated as you can. I think I have about 2-3 more years before I will need some form of treatment for the same thing. Found out my problem(s) 13 years ago. Doc told me to grin and bear it (and take these pills) for a few more years because the R&D of new procedures would be far superior than what it was at that time. I'm borderline cranky now, I don't want to get Crusty :lol2:

Wishing you the best. MIL had the screws and plates done, the deterioration just moved up and down. Have a friend of a friend that had some kind of replacement cartlage injected in between the discs. Not rooster stuff. He had shrunk because of loss of cushion. He is now back to almost normal hight for him. And there is no pain. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.
This will turn out alright in what ever decision I pick out of the options.
We just have to play the cards we are dealt.
I am blessed man
I am a
Christian
American
Son
Brother
Husband
Father
Grandfather
About to be Great Grandfather
Cattleman should have put Hobby in front of that.
Outdoorsman

I have no complaints a few aches and pains that is part of the journey.

backhoeboogie":1gd2nzp8 said:
CB you left "friend" off of that list.

You have been a good one. To many of us.

You got that right! Heck CB all you have to do is ask and I will come to the thicket be your muzzle loader caddy.

My mom has osteoarthritis. Spinal degeneration is so bad that they don't want to op, she is in constant pain.

All the best CB, I feel for you!!!

alisonb":lqr36dil said:
My mom has osteoarthritis. Spinal degeneration is so bad that they don't want to op, she is in constant pain.

I have osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease as well.
I have one cousin she is about 10 years older and looks like a pretzel in a wheel chair,
after a ton of surgeries.
Another one he is a year older and his left arm is virtually useless after surgery.
I see both still in pain today so I don't see that their life has improved.
That DNA is a bytch.
I just want all the options laid on the table and I will decide what trail I take.
Where I am screwed is I can only take Nsaids for pain.
Any form of an opiate I am in the hospital with arrhythmia.
Doc's have to give me drugs to raise my heart rate before giving me an opiate during a procedure.
Talk about a trip, that is, and it is not fun.

After thinking about I can remain the president of HRA as I am a grass farmer.

Sorry to hear this...I check most my computer stuff on my phone so i miss a lot of things.
If your cows were close to me, i'd check on them for you. And i mean that....

Caustic Burno":iwswy2bo said:
alisonb":iwswy2bo said:

I have osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease as well.
I have one cousin she is about 10 years older and looks like a pretzel in a wheel chair,
after a ton of surgeries.
Another one he is a year older and his left arm is virtually useless after surgery.
I see both still in pain today so I don't see that their life has improved.
That DNA is a bytch.
I just want all the options laid on the table and I will decide what trail I take.
Where I am screwed is I can only take Nsaids for pain.
Any form of an opiate I am in the hospital with arrhythmia.
Doc's have to give me drugs to raise my heart rate before giving me an opiate during a procedure.
Talk about a trip, that is, and it is not fun.

After thinking about I can remain the president of HRA as I am a grass farmer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation Caustic. I wish you nothing but the best Sir.

Latest posts