Don't get no better'n this

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
New neighbor bought the place next to us,and has no cattle. Trains cutting horses. Had about 30 acres of last years wheat come up and asked us if we would like to turn the cattle in on it so he would'nt have to mow it. Them ol black baldies sure done a mighty fine mow job. Only had to take down a small section of fence and run em in.

Cal

~

Christmas in April~!!

Thats a good new neighbor.

Hope your good relationship grows and prospers.

was that a Happy Easter present for your cows, good neighbor, one good turn deserves another and all. hope you remain good friends for the future there hard to find now days.

Yes they are good neighbors. Probably in just their late 20's.
Hard to believe how good neighbors they are at their age.
Makes me believe their are still some parents left that raise their kids right.
They are srill young and like to travel when they can and I take care of their livestock when they are gone.
First time they offered to pay me which I naturally refused.
They couldn't hardly believe that I would not take pay.
I told them thats what good neighbors are for.
Now they got the idea, if I got a calf in the field I need to get up and doctor i'm very lucky with a neighbor who trains cutting horses.
Their three of us out here who do not hesitate to help the other.

Thats what it's all about.

Don't it make you have a good gut feeling when you are able to help someone. Sure does me.
Cause I know no mater who you are or how much money you have somewhere sometime you gonna have to ask someone for help.

I would kinda like to hear some more good neghbor things from the rest of you.

Cal

Calman":s3w1qztk said:
Yes they are good neighbors. Probably in just their late 20's.
Hard to believe how good neighbors they are at their age.
Makes me believe their are still some parents left that raise their kids right.
They are srill young and like to travel when they can and I take care of their livestock when they are gone.
First time they offered to pay me which I naturally refused.
They couldn't hardly believe that I would not take pay.
I told them thats what good neighbors are for.
Now they got the idea, if I got a calf in the field I need to get up and doctor i'm very lucky with a neighbor who trains cutting horses.
Their three of us out here who do not hesitate to help the other.

Thats what it's all about.

Don't it make you have a good gut feeling when you are able to help someone. Sure does me.
Cause I know no mater who you are or how much money you have somewhere sometime you gonna have to ask someone for help.

I would kinda like to hear some more good neghbor things from the rest of you.

Cal

Well said, that is wonderful you have a good neighbor relationship, and yes there are still a few of us youngin's out here that know how to be a good neighbor :cboy:

The only way I know my neighbors are when they screw something up. But of course, I live in the city, where they are city folk, so that should be expected.

When we first moved here we had dogs (still do) and they didnt want us to put a fence up between the yards because they wanted their cats to have free roam. We told them thats OK with us, but the dogs might have those cats for dinner. Didnt take long for them to realize that a fence isnt such a bad idea.

There there were those times when she forgot to turn the hose off after watering flowers. Flooded our entire backyard. This has happened a few times.

These people are a bunch of hippies though. The guy has hair down to his buttcrack. He has some type of "studio" in the backyard so he never has to leave the house to work.

sounds like you lucked out calman with your new neighbor. it could have been transplanted city folks that dont know what being neighborly is. you usualy have too live with them only a few miserable years though. then they pack up and go screw up someone elses town

we have a neighbor who moved in across the road from us in this big fancy house and when the cattle or horses get loose guess whose yard looks the yummiest?!? Not even our hay fields can keep em outta there. of course we always offer to patch up the yard but he goes off threatening to shoot em and everything else. but its ok for his little dog to run up and bite my horses when i'm riding past the house! Nearsighted--i think that is the diagnosis for his problem! some people just need a new pair of glasses so they can look around and see past their own dang noses.

Latest posts