Don't drive through Rush Springs, OK

Help Support CattleToday:

csutton":3qq4ifqe said:
July 5th. Driving my dad's pickup one day. Didn't realize the inspection and tags were out. State trooper stopped me. Gave me a warning for the inspection, and a ticket for the tags. Got home and told Dad that I got a ticket. He said oh, I bought the new tags in MAY... SO, I go to the judge and show him my tags, and he said ok, I'll drop it but it cost 10 dollars. I'm not sure what the 10 dollars were for, but I'd rather pay that than a full ticket price.

Similar thing happened to me when I was 18. Got caught with expired license plates at 2am, 2 hours after they had expired. Had the new ones in the back seat for a couple of weeks but was too lazy to put them on. Officer gave me a wrench and had me change them on the spot. Took about 2 minutes, and I figured since I hadn't taken 2 minutes to do it before, I deserved the ticket he gave me. Live and learn.

I remeber when the Police Dept in Kendleton on Hwy 59 made the News.The officer stopped the wrong car,with 2 women.Think he got rough with them and they got scared and drove off past the county line.Then they called the Texas DPS,told them just what happen.It caused a big investigation.Think one of the women was a politicians wife or state attorney.Yeah the whole dept was corrupt.Like so many others over the years such as Golden Meadow La. (made 60 Minutes) Mongomery County Sherriff Dept north of Houston on 59,if you had KL101 sticker on car your busted.They planted drugs if didn't find any.The the Feds had undercover got them.
Now with economy the way it is,you better believe both police and sherrif dept will be out there on the roads.All those people on the city and county payroll.I see lot of sherriff dept unmarked cars now out in the country doing radar in my area,same as there on I-10 west of Lake Charles La.Better watch your speed,keep everything updated and everything working.Dam sure if you drink you aint driving,not even 1 drink.I just been lucky my last ticket was in 83 doing 48 in a 45,never had a DUI.

I was stopped by the state patrol for speeding. It was a speed trap. There were several patrol cars parked and as the traffic passed they would pull you over. I ask why I was pulled over. The officer said I was speeding. I ask him how he clocked my speed. He said by air plane. He wrote a ticket and told me to sign it. I refused and told him that the officer that witnessed the offense had to sign the ticket. He told me that was impossible as the officer was in the air. He then issued me a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. It is all about money and they will get you one way or the other.
Tom.

kerley":1q2gfzhm said:
I was stopped by the state patrol for speeding. It was a speed trap. There were several patrol cars parked and as the traffic passed they would pull you over. I ask why I was pulled over. The officer said I was speeding. I ask him how he clocked my speed. He said by air plane. He wrote a ticket and told me to sign it. I refused and told him that the officer that witnessed the offense had to sign the ticket. He told me that was impossible as the officer was in the air. He then issued me a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. It is all about money and they will get you one way or the other.
Tom.
It does no good to argue with them. Especially after they have written the ticket.
You may be well advised to read the above post by cypressfarms.

Ryder, the lawmen put their pants on the same way as I do. There are plenty of honest violations out there. This is America and there is no reason for a Lawman to be Chicken ###it about a moving violation. I know that there are many little towns in America that have a Justice of the Peace that is a good old boy, in bed with his good old boy patrol cop, just trying to maintain a need for their paid position.
Tom.

kerley said:
Ryder, the lawmen put their pants on the same way as I do. There are plenty of honest violations out there. This is America and there is no reason for a Lawman to be Chicken ###it about a moving violation. I know that there are many little towns in America that have a Justice of the Peace that is a good old boy, in bed with his good old boy patrol cop, just trying to maintain a need for their paid position.
Tom.[/quote

It's more than that Kerley. It's all about $$$$$$$'s and saving their cush jobs. An Export Passport 8500 X50 could save some folks a ton of $$$'s.

It is ALL about money and very little about public safety. I just drove to Nebraska over the holidays. I saw no speed traps anywhere on the way there or back accept Marlow(next town S of R.S.) - sitting right next to the speed limit sign on 81 and ....of course Rush Springs was planted at their little honey hole again. Sad!!! Our country is suffering right now because of greed......why blame our law enforcement for doing the same. :tiphat:

If you are abiding by the laws and speed limits, there is nothing to be concerned about.

backhoeboogie":307enhu8 said:
If you are abiding by the laws and speed limits, there is nothing to be concerned about.
Don't tell me what I need to hear :oops: .....tell me what I want to hear :tiphat:

I make trips from Texas to Kansas several times a year and i have to say Oklahoma is the worse for those speed traps (on my drive). And the cops will be getting more picky the more cities and towns come in hard times for cash. Not that we probably dont deserve the ticket we are getting, just that the officers wont be as lenient. Just got a ticket in the mail for running a red light while making a right. Not happy I got the ticket (those dang cameras) but the camera was right I only slowed down and just made my right.

We drove through Rush Springs, Oklahoma, twice on this past Monday. We saw the local cop parked beside the highway on our way north. We waved; he waved. It's suprising how pleasant a cop can be when you're not breaking the law. :lol: It's widely known that you'd better slow down when you go through Rush. You don't want to do that, then you pay the consequences.

Frankie":3hjnkaf1 said:
It's widely known that you'd better slow down when you go through Rush. You don't want to do that, then you pay the consequences.

I can't argue that. :nod:

OK so I'm a dumn a_s........I got hit again. You ought to see how bad the grass is worn in the median where they sit. They sit right in front of the 55 mph sign to catch you speeding up from 45 to get to 55. That is what they want......otherwise it wouldn't go from 55 to 65 to 70 in less than 1/4 mile. The town of Rush Springs should be ashamed. I hope they don't pay their officers much. All they need to do is drive to their honey hole, write a few tickets and go home.

The officers buddy (evidently) slowed down, spun out by us(made alot of racket) and sped away and he did nothing other than continue to write us a ticket...me, my wife and our 5 and 11 yo kids headed for vacation. Meanwhile the brand new cadilac pickup(city boy truck) turned in to their $500,000 new home on the highway.

He did tell me that for an extra $50.00 the ticket would not go on my record.

That town is a joke. They have had all kinds of problems with the ethical standards of their city leadership. They are probably the ones that decided to TRAP their visitors.

Lammie":gaz9mth6 said:
Every little town along State Hyway 22 between Hillsboro and Corsicana does the same thing, with the exception of Brandom. Mertens, Blooming Grove, Frost, Berry, all of them have rapidly declining speed limits going into town. And in Frost, you can't even tell where the town begins unless you are through there frequently. I just know to slow down. Same way in Keene. You have to know what's ahead and KNOW that you will get stopped if you speed.

So you've met Elvis in Frost? :lol:

As for tickets, the great state of Texas gets a surcharge from me for too many points on my record. I have a radar detector and a sheriff got me for 88 in a 65 in Goldwaite. Detector never went off but mr. badge number 42 insisted that they had a new high tech radar that my detector would'nt pick up. As for the seat belt, dark windows work for me. Out of 50 times of being stopped I've only had one officer say something about them. My truck must have a bullseye on it cause they love to stop it.

Cowboy 2.0":2sgpxuvk said:
As for tickets, the great state of Texas gets a surcharge from me for too many points on my record. I have a radar detector and a sheriff got me for 88 in a 65 in Goldwaite. Detector never went off but mr. badge number 42 insisted that they had a new high tech radar that my detector would'nt pick up. As for the seat belt, dark windows work for me. Out of 50 times of being stopped I've only had one officer say something about them. My truck must have a bullseye on it cause they love to stop it.
Maybe the dark windows get them curious as to what is going on inside. :shock: Like a game to find out what you are hiding even if you aren't hiding anything.

Latest posts